• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Feedback on the bikenights

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab The bike night at King's has been drawing a decent sized crowd each time. The problem is that not everyone can make it hehe. However, right now I have just been planning it for the last Thursday of each month. What do you think of making it every other Thursday? This way we can take better advantage of the fact that it gets dark later. I imagine attendence will drop off when it starts getting dark early again.

:tab Also, I would encourage a few of you to organize bike nights in your area if there is not already something going on. Austin and Dallas seem to have pretty active and regular get togethers. Anyone can do it. Just post the info here, give 3-4 weeks notice, post on any other riding forums you can find like:

CycleForums.net - Texas Subforum

Houston Sportbike Network

Just to name a few. There are tons more out there that are bike specific. Don't expect a huge crowd the first few times as it will take time for the word to get out. The bike nights are a great chance for everyone to get together and get to know each other. When you do the group rides, there is not always an opportunity to do this very well. It is also a good way to meet new riding partners.

Twice a month sounds good. Sometimes I can't get away early enough to make it, so more frequent meetings sounds good. Now that I have to follow the speed limit a little more diligently, making up time on the road after leaving a little late is no longer an option. A few of my friends up here have said that they'd rather ride to a bike night than just hang out at the Sonic up here and swap squid stories at they seem to love to do. King's may have to expand... :-D

Back