• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Austin

Cykel

Reaction score
Hello TWT...new member in Austin here. That is, two weeks from now I'll be in Austin. Been in SoCal for three years, but I came to my senses and am returning home :giveup:

I became a crazy motorcycle person in college after my dad encouraged me to join him for the MSF course. So much for just a taste...:eat:...I was hooked. I'm now 25 and have about 50k miles...dirt, canyons, highways, rain, fog, hot, cold...and have owned a few bikes (SV650s -> Duc ST4s -> VFR800).

Look forward to getting to know other crazy person Texans, and to adding more miles in and from Austin. Also, in the market for a nice used Wee for 2-up / comfort / light dirt travels. Any leads welcome :rider:

Since pics are required, here's the current ride:
884855484_HiJr6-L.jpg

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I spent many miles (100K+) on two different VFR 800s (98 and 01). Loved them and miss that sound/motor! Then the dirt started calling out to me softly... ever so softly at first... :flip:

Thanks for the welcome!

I spent many miles (100K+) on two different VFR 800s (98 and 01). Loved them and miss that sound/motor! Then the dirt started calling out to me softly... ever so softly at first... :flip:

I'm afraid I might be on a similar path :zen:

Welcome. Beautiful bike, but your knobs are a bit worn out. :rofl:
You must have had some great rides in Cali. Lots of great roads here also, join us for the Pie Run Dec. 31. You will find rides every weekend that revolve around food. :eat:

Hey Man, new rider here in ATX as well.

Great looking bike. Paint reminds me of a friend's old 85 Nighthawk. Amazing bike!!

Either way, welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Beautiful bike, but your knobs are a bit worn out. :rofl:

I had the same problem... :doh:

On top of a big hunk of pink granite in the out by Marble Falls somewhere...
DSC01304.JPG

Stayed at a cabin down a longgg dirt road somewhere off Hwy 16 South of Kerrville
DSC00700.JPG

The Sandy Creek water crossing on CR 310 (Click Rd.) This was the ride that finally convinced me to get an 1150 GS, because I got to ride the one that was with me that day...
DSC01187.JPG

This crossing was SLICK!! I crept across, the bike literally sliding sideways on the algae from the water pushing on the tires. Any time I gave it gas the back would just break loose and slide. It took forever to get across!
DSC01189.JPG

After that crossing, we swapped bikes. I took off on the GS and had a BLAST!! Three months later I had an 02 R1150GS :trust: It DEMANDED that I go to Colorado to explore :-P
DSC04075.JPG

Once you do the DS thing... it REALLY gets under the skin!! :giveup:

So great to meet you & Heather this weekend at RTB4. I was very impressed with you riding 2up on those dirt roads. I hope we can ride again soon. :rider:

Hello from another new to the sight/rider in Austin. Looking forward to more DS riders.

So great to meet you & Heather this weekend at RTB4. I was very impressed with you riding 2up on those dirt roads. I hope we can ride again soon. :rider:

Hey Debbie. We both had a blast riding and hanging out with you guys...thanks for letting us join up! Ya'll make great riding buddies. Looking forward to next time.

Also thanks for boosting the thread and getting me some new welcomes :rider:

Wha-what? you were riding two up on the dirt Cory? Nice

Hey look for the Austin urban ride thread. Had a great ride this last weekend. Hope to see you on one.

Hey Scott. Heather is a brave one for sure.

I thought the urban stuff might be a bit much for me and the Tenere? I'll look at it again. Or just join anyway.

Hey Scott. Heather is a brave one for sure.

I thought the urban stuff might be a bit much for me and the Tenere? I'll look at it again. Or just join anyway.

I will say this, I wouldn't take it on Area 51. That's too nice of a bike to take the chance of running it up a tree LIKE SOMEONE DID!!:rofl:

But that hill climb was really the only thing I didn't try. It's all about knowing your limits (I found mine that day).

Back