• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dallas/Denton doohickey

Reaction score
Looking for a shop or individual to perform the doohickey on an 06 KLR. I live in Denton, just got this bike and the PO wasn't sure if the Doo had been done. I have the parts just looking for someone with more than YouTube knowledge to do the wrenching. Any help would be appreciated.

Hot diggity dog

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Not sure exactly where this guy is in relation to you but he offers a service where he'll teach you to do it using his tools:

https://www.facebook.com/txredneckramble/

I believe the cost is $100.

That is the Little General. Robert Lee. He is a good guy, and will make sure it gets done right. He has lots of experience, lives and breathes motorcycles.

Definitely worth contacting.

Craig

If Robert has time to do it, it will be done correctly, but he is very busy most of the time.

Gary

It's not that difficult

I saw Robert (Little General) today. We were working on a track for an event. BTW, had a blast riding some somewhat technical stuff.

I mentioned to him someone here had been suggested to contact him by myself and others.

****He is all on board with helping. I highly suggest contacting him. He does have a lot on his plate most of the time. But it is worth working with him and getting to know him.****

He is a great guy... unless he sees you fall down. Then the camera is out, and he is taking pictures to embarrass you later!!

I had a get off today (off camber and was literally getting off.. the bike decided it needed to nap and push me over with it :doh:). I picked the bike up before he could take a pic. He said he had never seen a fat guy move that fast! :rider:

Contact Robert, he will show you how to do it!

Craig

Robert can contact me. I can show him how to really DOO it. :)

I've done more than 30 Doo's, for free. When I sold my KLR I got rid of my tools.

It was a great way to meet many TWT personalities. I've moved on to film school.

I hadn't been getting notifications from this! It'd be awesome to learn how to do it. I really like doing the wrenching on my bikes, but am hesitant to just go for it. Finally got myself my first ADV bike and want things to be done properly. How do you suggest I get in contact with him?

That's a shame trice, sounds like a good time to come out of retirement [emoji16] see if you can still Doo the Doo

I hadn't been getting notifications from this! It'd be awesome to learn how to do it. I really like doing the wrenching on my bikes, but am hesitant to just go for it. Finally got myself my first ADV bike and want things to be done properly. How do you suggest I get in contact with him?

That's a shame trice, sounds like a good time to come out of retirement [emoji16] see if you can still Doo the Doo

PM sent. Let us know if you need anything else.

Craig

if you go to the facebook page I linked above you can contact him on facebook messenger there. He responded to me within 24 hours.

I'd have already done it but dont have time right now between travel and holidays.

If you don’t need any special tools I can help you do it, I am in McKinney. I was about to offer then someone said you needed a special tool, now others say you don’t, so not sure what to think. I have a very good selection of tools and am sure we can do it, as stated you need to get a new gasket and the replacement doo hickey and we can do the rest. I am riding all day Saturday, but am open Sunday if you want.

Gary

I have two sets of the "special tools" I'm happy to let you borrow one. I'm in Denton and can get them to you pretty easy. I would be happy to help when some time opens up but it may be awhile. Feel free to borrow a set of the tools.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So much help, wow! Thank y'all for the offers, I'm going to try an get in contact with Robert because I'd really like to be walked through the process. If it doesn't work out with him I might take you up on the special tools. I appreciate the help on this one guys. Ride safe.

Hot diggity dog

Back