• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Area Dual Sport Rides

i am going to be in atx this week end with both dualsports any gps tracks or any one riding sat in bastrop hints tips looking for new back roads:rider::rider:

Yes please share the gps file or the route.
That would be awesome

PM me your email and I will share the GPS files.

The trails are not super secret, but an effort has been made to be responsible with the area among the TWT crowd. Locals use them with 4x4 and other vehicles, homeless guys sometimes camp out. These trails are actually public roads that never got fully developed, therefore you need a plated bike to be legal. I have not been in some time, but need to get back out there myself. There are some spots that my be muddy with the rains this week.

Heading to Bastrop Saturday morning (6-30). Meet at the Texaco, 14400 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724 at 8:15 to ride out, or Buc-ee's in Bastrop at 9:00.

Any more rides in this area coming soon? Any GPS files? I would love to try something like this in my NC700x.

Bob, we'll most likely be heading out there next Saturday. Same meet up times as above. I'll confirm in a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Its that Bastrop time again. Saturday morning (7-21). Meet at the Texaco, 14400 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724 at 8:15 to ride out, or Buc-ee's in Bastrop at 9:00. BBQ after.

New owner of a africa twin, i live in Bastrop will try to be there. May have 1 or 2 other guy show up also. Leaving for Colorado end of the month need to do some riding it has been many years since i have been on dirt. I do ride year round with some friends out in the hill country mostly. Putting on a new set of TCK80 on the twin Friday morning need to break them in i hear. Looking forward to meeting you see you Saturday hopefully Jerry Simpson

New owner of a africa twin, i live in Bastrop will try to be there. May have 1 or 2 other guy show up also. Leaving for Colorado end of the month need to do some riding it has been many years since i have been on dirt. I do ride year round with some friends out in the hill country mostly. Putting on a new set of TCK80 on the twin Friday morning need to break them in i hear. Looking forward to meeting you see you Saturday hopefully Jerry Simpson

You won't be the only AT there. Looking forward to it.

Jerry here just to let you know my son and I will be a buc-ee's to meet up with ya'll. I will be on my AT and son on a honda 250L. Looking forward to the ride and meet some new faces. TOMORROW

@Gourdhead thanks for showing those great trails in Bastrop. A bit more difficult than I anticipated for my NC but nevertheless fun!! Great meeting Yawl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't believe y'all are actually riding because I don`t see any pics :confused:

Ok. I'll let y'all slide this time. I need to meet up with y'all sometime.

Ok. I'll let y'all slide this time. I need to meet up with y'all sometime.

Next ride will probably be Saturday 8-04. I'll confirm once we get a little closer.

My son (Jeremy on KTM) and I had a great time riding Saturday. Sorry we didn't get to thank everyone before we left. When the group turned around at one of the neighborhoods we headed on out on the pavement and rode down to the river and did some pavement exploring. Looking forward to doing it again sometime.

My son (Jeremy on KTM) and I had a great time riding Saturday. Sorry we didn't get to thank everyone before we left. When the group turned around at one of the neighborhoods we headed on out on the pavement and rode down to the river and did some pavement exploring. Looking forward to doing it again sometime.

I'm glad you guys came out and had a good time. I don't get to ride with my dad as often as I would like, its good to see some father/son teams. Current plan is to back on 8-04, and maybe check out soem enduro racing in Smithville after. I'll post up here when it gets closer.

Back