• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GPS Help to purchase new

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Want to GPS City on line where I bought my last GPS, they didn't seem to have Garmin. Who is the best online supplier of GPS? Looking for truck GPS. Been looking at Garmin 67LM and 65LM, any experience with them, or a suggestion of 6" screen automobile GPS? Really want to stay under $200.

Last edited:
The cover is a Ram item. It is attached to the stock Nav3 bracket via a piece of 1/4" thick aluminum. I don't use the voice command. My hearing is worse than my eyesight.

I ordered a 67LM from Factory Outlet. Refurbished 2 year warranty for about 90 bucks. We will see. 6" screen will be nice
Thanks DALEJ for heads up.

Last edited:
I've been running a 2595 for several years, swapping it back & forth between bike & cars as needed. Garmins are just good - I wouldn't have any concerns about any of the current models. In my experience, their routing is consistently better than Tom Tom, and their menus are quicker and easier to navigate than Magellan. Laying in a custom route is pretty simple, and only takes a couple of minutes to figure out. Personally, I'd find the newer 7" screens a little large for a bike's handlebars, but that's just me - I like the 5" wide screen.

Assuming you don't have ear plugs and music going, you'll probably hear the voice. You may not be able to understand it, but you'll probably hear it which will alert you to the screen.

There are numerous GPS mounts available. My personal choice is the stupidly simple handlebar thingie, using the same GPS clip as your dashboard mount. You'd think there'd be a risk of it popping loose, but in 5 years that has never happened to me. Mine is similar to the one in this link, but slightly taller.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016I5KF14/?tag=twowhetex-20

A Nuvi is not shockproof, so don't drop it! It also isn't waterproof, but I have remedied this on several trips by pulling a baggie over mine and trucking on into the mist.

I haven't shopped the GPS store. I've bought all mine from either Amazon or from Garmin.com; the prices are the same.

I had a Nice maybe 550 the plug in on unit pulled out. It was about 6 years old. I chunked it. Got 3-5 day free ship wonder if that two year warranty I bought for less than 10 bucks is worth the paper it's printed on. Now they consider a pamphlet owners Manual an accessory. This world has left me behind, I'm not trying to catch up.?

Sadly, they don't come with manuals anymore. On the other hand, you can go to Garmin's website and download one as a PDF. I don't even print my downloaded manuals; I just put them on my tablet.

The Nuvi 67LM came with small ball system Ordered this adapter to fit my 1" Ram mounts. It is 12.95 from GPS City Pt.# Ram-B-238-G . It is a great adaptor and easy to assemble.

Attachments

• Gamin Ram little ball to 1 inch big ball.jpg
    Gamin Ram little ball to 1 inch big ball.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Garmin ball adaptor kit.jpg
    Garmin ball adaptor kit.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 215
Back