• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from seguin

Reaction score
First Name
Dann
Last Name
Stembridge
Hello everyone, glad I found this site and looking forward to some riding, I currently have a 2011 KLR 650 and a Suzuki Cavalcade GV1400 cruiser. If there is anyone in the Seguin area who has done much of these rides I have been reading and foaming at mouth over I would like to get together and hear and learn more about all the fun I have been missing out on. I haven't been on a dual sport (enduro) for a very long time, the last bike of that nature was a 1972 Honda SL350 then I stepped up to an almost brand new Honda XL500. I don't have many miles on my KLR yet since I just got through going over it tooth and nail making sure everything was top notch but it is a very nice bike. Looking forward to gaining some friends and fun adventures.

Hey Skutter! I live in New Braunfels. I am just getting my feet wet on a KLR as well. I know a couple roads, and am willing to explore. I am thinking Nixon, gonzales, stockdale, Shiner, yoakum should have lots of dirt roads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to TWT. Come to the Strom-A-Thon next month for some good riding and even better company. If you camp off the bike we do that normally every month. There are a ton of KLRs out there but not many Cavalcades. Love to see that one in person. Not many of those floating around. Hope you get a chance to post a picture of it. KP
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112625

:welcome: & enjoy! Your Zuk is about the same vintage as my wing :)

Hey Skutter! I live in New Braunfels. I am just getting my feet wet on a KLR as well. I know a couple roads, and am willing to explore. I am thinking Nixon, gonzales, stockdale, Shiner, yoakum should have lots of dirt roads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I do a lot of riding out that way around Nixon and so on on the weekends. On my klr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome skutter. I'm in Seguin too. I've got a new-to-me DR650 that needs some shakedown rides and I haven't ridden the back roads in Wilson and Gonzales counties in far too long. I'm up for some exploring of the area if you are.

Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey Scutter. Welcome. I pass through your town a lot on my way to Pettus from Mesquite. Since I garden, one of my favorite spots in your town is a nursery on 123 just south of the river. If you garden too, catch us on the garden and homesteading thread.

I am still on an SL350 and have been continuously since the early 80s. Some day I might upgrade but I just can't think through how to fix new bikes.

There have been a few rides in South Texas but not near enough. A beach ride on North Padre has been on my agenda list for 5 years but ...

There are a ton of small dirt, gravel and unmarked paved roads south of you that I want to explore someday.

Back