• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member from Austin

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,
I moved to Austin TX around 4 years ago from Israel.
Have been riding on motorcycles for 20 years, mostly on street and big scooters.
While in Israel, I've completed a few 1-2 weeks trips (up to 1800 miles) through the deserts of Israel and Egypt, off road only.
Ive also completed a ride from Austin to Jackson Hole WY - 80% off-road.

Currently riding on Triumph Tiger 800xc.

Looking forwa

Last edited:
I'm sure you must have had the opportunity to ride through some fascinating locales. Welcome to Texas and to TWT. What brings you here?

Welcome! Hope to see you on some of the forum rides!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome to town. Come into the TARA forum, and see what we're up to. You just missed the monthly group ride and meet and greet.

Thank you all.
Unfortunately I won't be able to join you, as I've just got back from exploring Lockhart/Bastrop area. Tons of dirt roads!
I'm considering mapping this area (because I couldn't find any reference to dirt roads around austin.
I will probably see you on the monthly rides and on the ride to Mexico

Thank you all.
Unfortunately I won't be able to join you, as I've just got back from exploring Lockhart/Bastrop area. Tons of dirt roads!
I'm considering mapping this area (because I couldn't find any reference to dirt roads around austin.

Welcome! Man, I thoroughly encourage you to do this. Dirt roads around Austin are a dying breed. The area around Lexington had some scenic unpaved roads a few years ago when I was exploring like you are. You might also do some searches for 'gravel grinders'. I've seen some of these bicycle routes posted around Smithville southeast of here, and northwest of here around Lake Buchanan.

Back