• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

Howdy Y'all,

I was thinking about heading out to the Bastrop Trails from North Austin either Saturday or Sunday Morning depending on what day works best for everyone.

Post back if you would be interested in coming out.

I'm down for either one, but right now its 50/50 whether my dad is coming to town this weekend. If he does, its hill country tarmac. If not, lost pines dirt :)

EDIT-Dad says he's out this weekend, so I'm good to go on either day. Just let me know.

Last edited:
Wish I could, but I am out of town this weekend. Hopefully next one!

Howdy Gourdhead,

It looks like Sunday 9/17 is going to be the best day for me.

I'll be at the Exxon @ 183/Loyola at 8 a.m. and then heading out to Bastrop. Let me know if I need to move the times around for you.

I hope you can make it.

Do you mind if I make a separate post for Sunday, to see if we can get a few more riders?

I would like to join you for Bastrop but I can't leave Austin before 9am

If you guys tell me where you will be bout 9:30, I will meet you

you can text me at 512-496-6627

Last edited:
I might be a couple of minutes late, the dog is being stubborn, And this coffee is pretty good...

A Short glimpse of the ride from Sunday

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvseT5FNEu0"]Riding Bastrop Trails - YouTube[/ame]

Ooh, this looks like fun. I'm joining you guys as soon as I get some wheels.

Ooh, this looks like fun. I'm joining you guys as soon as I get some wheels.

Trail Boss (Richard) might be able to put you on a pretty sweet, fully modded and ready to ride DRZ 400. Shoot him a message and ask.

I went for a ride on Sunday and tried out my new-to-me gopro. I made a video so I have to share, right?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd-_PAr2nIM"]Sunday Ride in the ATX - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice video, Creighton. I recognize some of those creek beds and goat trails. Hope to see you on the trail sometime. I’m curious about your helmet cam mount configuration & will pm rather than hijacking this DS ride thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still planning on heading to Bastrop tomorrow. If anyone wants to ride out there with me, plan on meeting at the Texaco on 969 at 8:15, KSU at 8:30. If you want to rendezvous in Bastrop, meet us at the Bucee's at 9:15, we'll roll from there. Looking forward to it.

Zombie thread bump here...just got a DR650 after 20 years of street riding only, exploring the hill country. I live on the East Side and would love for someone to show me the ropes on some local urban trails. Are Area 51 and Bastrop still useable trails? I live off 183 near Bolm. Looking for easy woods/trail riding to start, until I get some skills and some knobbier tires.

Zombie thread bump here...just got a DR650 after 20 years of street riding only, exploring the hill country. I live on the East Side and would love for someone to show me the ropes on some local urban trails. Are Area 51 and Bastrop still useable trails? I live off 183 near Bolm. Looking for easy woods/trail riding to start, until I get some skills and some knobbier tires.
Hey bastrop was hecking fun last time i went. I think there are some dirt roads near lake travis too but i have to too explore it. I cant show you the ropes but if you want company in bastrop hmu.

Also im betting by the airport there are some hidden gems...they sure looked good from way up :)

Back