• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Austinite

sprack

Reaction score
Hey all,
I also found the site from one of Tourmeister's posts. Been riding (street) for about 10 yrs, dirt on and off for around 20. I've got a '99 XX for my daily ride, an FZR600 I'm in the process of stripping down and rebuilding and a KTM250 for the dirt. Working on getting the wife into riding. She's taking the MSF class this weekend. Hopefully I can make some of the rides this spring.

Howdy Sprack!

:tab Welcome to the site! That's cool that your wife is taking the class. I hope she does well and enjoys it. I can tell you that riding with your SO is a lot of fun when you are both on your own bikes. Not that 2 up isn't fun though :twisted:

:tab We'll be looking for you on the road!

Adios,

Welcome to the group Sprack :bigokay:

Hope the weather is ok this weekend for your wifes class. My wife took it last June and loved it. (pause) And then "she" went and got pregnant, so no more riding for her for a while. Oh well.

Anyway, welcome again, and hope to see ya and your wife around.

Welcome, Sprack--
A Honda ST1300 owner from Georgetown here. Hope to see you on the road. You'll love this group!

Welcome, sprack....

Mmmm, an XX, what color is it? And what's the color shift that occurs at speed? ;)

Wow. Thanks for the welcome from everyone. That was fast.

It's black (the faster color :wink: ). I haven't noticed a blue-shift, but tunnel vision is definitely evident when you give it a twist. 181 has been my upper limit. Not usually that irresponsible, but it was empty on I35 just north of Hillboro.

BTW, if anyone is interested the Texas portion of the XX club does an all day ride + BBQ around Memorial day weekend. It's open to everyone, not just XX's and it's pretty informal. More info around that time of year.

buck000 said:
Welcome, sprack....

Mmmm, an XX, what color is it? And what's the color shift that occurs at speed? ;)

Welcome to the site. I have found this group to be extremely informative and supportive. Plus, it is another avenue to talk to people about bikes.

I hope your wife enjoys the class. That will give you an excuse to get another bike. And say it is for her.

Welcome!

Welcome to the group sprack!

<Rider from N. Austin>

P.S. I am too, still waiting for another group ride to meet everyone. Had schedule conflicts with the last "Meet and Greet". :-D

Greetings Sprack...
SW Austin here. Look for a Blue/Silver Busa and say hello.
Hope to see ya around.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Looking forward to meeting and riding with you guys.

Back