• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SLAP

1175475919_28d7112c64.jpg

_

From ADV (Note, I don't represent anyone in anyway I'm just passing along the info :rider:):

12th Annual ADV SLAP Rally - Squeal Like a Pig

When: May 20-22, 2016

Where: Byrd's Adventure Center (click HERE for a map)

Cost: as low as $45 or $65 (with a Rally Tee) *In case you aren't paying attention, that's really **** cheap!!

Who/how do I pay?: See POST #2 below to register

What do I get for my $$? Food.Beer.Camp.Beer.Riding.

Ask around- SLAP in NW Arkansas has about the best RIDING of any ADV Rallies. That plus 3 meals and 2 nights camping makes for some serious bang for the buck. SLAP attendees RIDE during the day and do the lip-flapping at night. Join us.​

SLAP early registration deadline is April 30th.

What does this mean?... Rally Tee ordering closes. SLAP Swag for early registrants only.

Registration CLOSES on Friday May 13th.

As always, SLAP 2016 will definitely be infused with a delicate elixir of choice grains and hops. JumpJet was a beer connoisseur, and suggested upping the beer offerings for 2016. That's the plan. Yes, we will have plenty of BEER. Maybe some moonshine.

We will have catered meals. We will have epic dirt and epic, twisty pavement.
We will have organized events (such as planned rides of all types and a Hillbilly Lotto geocache hunt) and maybe an ADV de-noobing ceremony.:dunno
We will have BEER too.

For the last several years, SLAP has been an outstanding success!!! We average 120-130 attendees. SLAP is now a world-class motorcycle rally and ADV inmates like you make it a worthwhile endeavor.:thumb We still have room for growth.

Just like last few years, SLAP 2016 will be held at Byrd's Adventure Center on the banks of the Mulberry River in Ozark, AR.

This location is ideal for several reasons:
1. Direct access via pavement
2. More riding options (epic pavement, forest roads, singletrack, and everything in-between)
3. More activities for spouses and families

MORE Details

Dates: May 20-22, 2016 (*note that there is not a conflict with the RDV Rally this year!!)
If you'd like to arrive earlier or stay longer, just make your arrangements directly with the campground.

Location: Byrd's Adventure Center, Ozark, AR (click HERE for a map)

Lodging: Your registration fee includes tent/vehicle camping on site for two nights (Friday/Saturday). Group showers :evil, toilets, and water will be available for all to use, but the camping will be somewhat primitive, much like a tent city. There will be plenty of room for vehicle and trailer parking. If you decide to camp offsite, the "camping" portion of your registration will be considered a donation to the event. We want to encourage all attendees to stay at Byrd's so we can maintain the SLAP unity and fellowship we have enjoyed since 2013.

RV Spots: If you're interested in RV accommodations (i.e. a campsite with RV hook-ups), then
here is what you need to know... There will be a limited number of RV/electrical sites available at a first come-first served basis. Please specify this request when you register. We will maintain a list of who has asked for RV sites (in order of "dibs") and will do our best to accommodate. We have a certain number allotted (12), but we have had more than that in past years with no consequences. Only paid registrants can hold an RV spot. The overflow RV parking at Byrd's may be a short hike away from where the rally activities will be located.
RV Disclaimer- please only reserve an RV site if you are a definite attendee to SLAP 2016. If you just need to park a van or trailer and don't actually require electrical or water hook-ups, then don't reserve an RV site. We'll have plenty of room for car campers. (I'll be sleeping in my SUV at the campground.) Also... please don't be a selfish prick and reserve an RV site for just one person. Let's leave them for the families or groups, please. If you have a big *** RV and want to share your amenities, that would be cool. Thanks for understanding.

Meals: Included with your registration will be three meals professionally prepared by the
professional staff of Byrd's Adventure Center... Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, and Saturday Dinner. Non-alcoholic beverages will also be provided at meals. Trust me when I say the meals are great and professionally done. (Byrd's also has a restaurant and a mini-mart onsite, so plenty of meal options are available.

Rides and Routes: You put your suggestions in the box... the SLAP planning committee listens!:ear
The planning committee will be posting links here to GPS tracks for several types of rides. Coming soon... for example: Big-bike-friendly scenic loops, challenging singletrack within quasi-legal distance from camp, weekend warrior DS routes with hero options.
Or... if you want to take a sip from the firehose, there is a separate thread dedicated to route gathering, ride organization, and whatnot. It is the product of much attention by our fellow inmates in NW Arkansas. Click HERE for the stuff.​

Organized events: New for 2016, SLAP coincides with the Northeast Oklahoma Trials Team competition weekend. See HERE for more info. As always, we'll have an official prize raffle after dinner on Saturday night.

T-Shirts, swag, and other stuff: The t-shirt logo can be seen HERE. There is a high possibility that participants will get stickers, other SLAP-related chotchkies, and freebies including door prizes and raffles. It all depends on how well we do at begging for free **** from vendors and sponsors. See the not-all-inclusive sponsor list below. Wanna be a sponsor? Contact inmate Tomski74.

Squeal
A
Pig
rally

aka: Deliverance Boys Backyard/door Adventures. Lol lol

Garfey should've posted a link with dates and such.

_

Not going - will be B-Flat broke from DVNR, Sonora Rally, and WARPED - so didn't post anything.

Note to those thinking about going: Byrd's is a great place for a Rally but it is right on the Mulberry River and that little stream (camp near enough for the falls to put you to sleep) is prone to going crazy high, rat now, if there's appreciable rain over there, and this time of year that is not an impossibility. So keep an eye on the weather in NW Arkysaw, check Mulberry "status" and if you ain't likely to float away, have PHUN!

Oh, and note: When I turned onto Whatsit-Oark Road, my Garmin went blank, as in NO MAP for that area, so don't panic, just ride the twisties and you can't miss the BIG sign for Byrd's, on the right. There's a cliff on the left so don't bother looking over there. :lol2:

Pro Tip: Don't let your high-zoot waterproof panniers shift and get on the muffler and catch your bike on fire. It's adventure, sure enough, but not one I'd want to repeat! :rofl:

Not going - will be B-Flat broke from DVNR, Sonora Rally, and WARPED - so didn't post anything.

Note to those thinking about going: Byrd's is a great place for a Rally but it is right on the Mulberry River and that little stream (camp near enough for the falls to put you to sleep) is prone to going crazy high, rat now, if there's appreciable rain over there, and this time of year that is not an impossibility. So keep an eye on the weather in NW Arkysaw, check Mulberry "status" and if you ain't likely to float away, have PHUN!

Oh, and note: When I turned onto Whatsit-Oark Road, my Garmin went blank, as in NO MAP for that area, so don't panic, just ride the twisties and you can't miss the BIG sign for Byrd's, on the right. There's a cliff on the left so don't bother looking over there. :lol2:

Pro Tip: Don't let your high-zoot waterproof panniers shift and get on the muffler and catch your bike on fire. It's adventure, sure enough, but not one I'd want to repeat! :rofl:

Thanks for the info! It will be my first time to attend (although I have ridden that area several times). I appreciate the tips!

Thanks for the info! It will be my first time to attend (although I have ridden that area several times). I appreciate the tips!

One more bit: Maybe it's just me but the vaunted SW Arkysaw roads (US71)were not in good condition (IMO, of course) 2yrs ago and no more than . . . meh ... even if they had been. To me, it's a much better ride up US259 through Broken Bow and North along the East side of Okielahoma then cut East at Pocola and thru Ft. Smith.

BTW, US259 runs 15mi from my house so holler when you're gonna pass thru and I could meet you at "The Cushing Y" north of Nac, with a cold drink, or whatever.

Also note, if you care about such things, the ONLY non-Ethanol gas anywhere around these parts is smack in the middle of Mt. Enterprise, abt 10mi North of there, NW corner at The Stoplight.

AR is Razorback country. They take their mascots seriously up there. My buddy in Little Rock has a Pig Pen/Man Cave just for football games.

One more bit: SLAP Tees
If they're the same "brand" as in 2014 (Sport Tek), they're a cut above and feel almost silky w/ white accents on the shoulders and down the sides. Great silkscreen, too. If I were going I'd order at least two, maybe three.

Back