• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tech Day - Saturday, March 19th

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
March 19 - Tech Day

I am hosting a tech day at my home on Saturday, March 19th for anyone who would like to attend.

The purpose of the tech day is for Rundown rally attendees to complete any work on their bikes that needs to be done before heading to Mexico. However, all riders are invited to attend - you do not need to be a rally attendee to come to tech day.

Meet at my home on Saturday, March 19th, 10 am. Bring your tools and parts. I have a long paved driveway we will use. We will go to a local restaurant for lunch.

My address is 12609 Red Bud Trail, Buda, TX 78610.

A weather decision will be made not later than 6 pm Friday, March 18th.

Last edited:
The Rundown Rally sounds amazing and I'd love to see how everyone is setting up for a trip like this.

I have a chain and sprockets that I need to install. Does anyone have a chain rivet tool and 30mm socket I could use? I think I can provide everything else needed. It's a DID 520VX2 chain with rivet master link, if that matters. Thanks.

The Rundown Rally sounds amazing and I'd love to see how everyone is setting up for a trip like this.

I have a chain and sprockets that I need to install. Does anyone have a chain rivet tool and 30mm socket I could use? I think I can provide everything else needed. It's a DID 520VX2 chain with rivet master link, if that matters. Thanks.

I have a rivet tool. I'm not sure if I have a 30mm socket but you are welcome to the rivet tool and a search of my toolbox for a 30mm.

I'm going to pull up a chair on this one - I need to brush up on chain maintenance skills.

One of the many benefits of a tech day is skill set sharing, in addition to actually working on one's own bike :rider:

Count me in!

After buying the KLR, I replaced the Doo, but didn't know about the torsion spring upgrade. I've got the original spring rattling around in there still....I need an oil change something fierce too. So I've got the tools, EM kit and I heard through the grapevine there are some Doo experts in the crowd. ;-) Got a couple other jobs that need some attention (mainly the footpegs), but the Doo is one I would like to have another set of eyes on.

Anyone from the Houston area going? I lost my spare tubes on the shakedown ride, someone found them, and I'm not going to be able to make the tech day. But I could meet someone who is coming back into the Houston area. Any takers to shuttle a couple tubes back for me?

Thanks for hosting this Richard! Learned a few tire changing secrets and got to eat a nice plate of migas. Going to add a few things to the tire changing kit. Think that baja no pinch tool could be a nice addition to the kit,

Yes thanks.
That was awesome. Did hate seeing the Strom fall over. I hate when that happens.
Your XR is just about what I'd like to do to mine. Hope you don't mind me taking some of your ideas.
And I agree on that no pinch tool.
To bad I had to go to work , I like Migas.

Back