• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shakedown Ride - Saturday, March 5th

Forgot to mention that on the way back to Houston, Wolfen and me were witness to this:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/high-speed-police-chase-comes-to-an-end-in-brenham

Must have been 35 to 40 police cars in pursuit - flashing red-n-blue for a solid mile or more.

There were also a couple of helicopters. And at one place, outside of prarie view I think, and there was a car rolled on the side of the road. Not sure if it was related, but it looked pretty bad.

On a happier note, the ride was excellent. Especially the dirt sections. Looking forward to more in the future, and wishing I lived closer to this area!

The Shakedown ride was a great idea. At least one us now knows how not to tie down spare inner tubes. :nana:
Whoever that may be, may pickup said tubes at the Tech Day in two weeks.

Last edited:
The Shakedown ride was a great idea. At least one us now knows how not to tie down spare inner tubes. :nana:
Whoever that may be, may pickup said tubes at the Tech Day in two weeks.

You found them? Still in the gallon ziplock I hope. I wasn't planning on coming to the tech day, but hopefully someone could bring them to Houston and meet up with me.

You found them? Still in the gallon ziplock I hope. I wasn't planning on coming to the tech day, but hopefully someone could bring them to Houston and meet up with me.

The bottom was torn out of the baggie, rear tube loose but not hurt. I'm sure somebody will come to Techday from Houston area. :mrgreen:

Hey John,

Great GoPro video footage of our ride yesterday. The s-l-o-w motion river crossing was fun and refreshing. The sand is deeper than it appears. Great maneuvering by the big adventure bike riders including Charles on his GS!

...yep Click Road is still listed on Garmin Maps but officially ends at the double chained locked gate.

icon_cry2.gif

Happy Trails,

RB

I'm sure y'all were appropriately apologetic and courteous to the landowner.

I told her we were with the Rusty Myers Motorcycle Syndicate and she proceeded to get even angrier.

:lol2:

It was pleasantly cordial as she nursed her pistol when we went by...well almost..she did say to stay on the public road. I told her that 308b is still listed as a public road that runs through her property.

icon_shrug.gif

RB

Last edited:
Nice video. I need to fix my gopro and learn how to edit clips together. I couldn't believe the speed of Fred's little WR :pirate:

Nice video. I need to fix my gopro and learn how to edit clips together. I couldn't believe the speed of Fred's little WR :pirate:

You handled that Tenere with finesse all day especially at the last deep sandy crossing. I could not have done that.

...no pistol was brandished yesterday. :)

Next time guyz, it was fun!

:sun:

RB

Last edited:
This is my first time uploading a video to the site, hope this works...

Had a blast ridding with everyone, hats off to Rich for finding all of the great trails and connecting them together!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1MoPFtrOrs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1MoPFtrOrs[/ame]

Last edited:
This is my first time uploading a video to the site, hope this works...

Had a blast ridding with everyone, hats off to Rich for finding all of the great trails and connecting them together!

Thanks for posting this! That was my first water crossing on a GS. Pretty fun! Now I wonder if anyone got a clip of me getting sideways in the deep sand? :doh:

Thanks for posting this! That was my first water crossing on a GS. Pretty fun! Now I wonder if anyone got a clip of me getting sideways in the deep sand? :doh:

Did you hear me yelling when you stopped in that sand? I had waited for you to clear the water, I didn't wait long enough! lol I almost tapped your back tire. And then I thought I'd get roosted good when you took off (and it would have served me right.)

You did great, Nate. That bike is a good match for you.

Great day. Made greater when TGTUMBLEWEED loaned me a liner that made the difference between being miserable (in the morning chill) and having fun. Thanks again, Ken.

gina

Did you hear me yelling when you stopped in that sand? I had waited for you to clear the water, I didn't wait long enough! lol I almost tapped your back tire. And then I thought I'd get roosted good when you took off (and it would have served me right.)

You did great, Nate. That bike is a good match for you.

Great day. Made greater when TGTUMBLEWEED loaned me a liner that made the difference between being miserable (in the morning chill) and having fun. Thanks again, Ken.

gina

I'm so sorry Gina! I though I thought I had that sandy hill, but I didn't have enough momentum and felt the front end get really squirly so I chickened out and came to a stop. Once I realized you were behind me I tried really hard not to roost you but I don't know how much sand I threw up getting up the hill lol

It was so much fun riding with y'all, I had a blast!

No apologies nec! I was laughing the whole time. Surprisingly, not much sand was thrown up at all.

Yup. Very fun day.

Aaaarrrghhh I missed the ride... I totaled my white 15GSW in Feb and just settled with insurance and getting my replacement GSW in another 10 days...

Please, please let me know the next time.

Does anyone have the gpx file for this ride? I'd love to have it the next time I head to Fredericksburg.

Does anyone have the gpx file for this ride? I'd love to have it the next time I head to Fredericksburg.

There is a link in the first post.

Back