• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle inspirational pics

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Floyd
I am looking for pictures that demonstrate work place inspiration such as devotion, commitment, risk, vision, determination, team work, ect.... I tried googling up what I am looking for but not really finding anything. I can use dirt or street bikes just as long as I am able to attach one of the afore mentioned traits for a project I am working on.

Any thoughts or pics?

I've not found motorcycle specific sites for this stuff..... But www.despair.com has the opposite of what you're looking for and they're pretty good. lol...

Do you have your own shots you'd like to use to make it 'personal'? Plenty of websites allow for creation of your own motivational posters where you simply upload the image and add your own text where it spits out the result. Or Photoshop does a good job doing the same. Your pics- your message.

work place devotion and dedication where I work is exploited and abused till the devoted and or dedicated don't care any more or quit and find work else ware.

To me, it seems like the best way to keep cube farm employees in onerous environments from putting guns in their mouths is to lay off the corporate-speak and give them as much autonomy as possible. Most of them will always be there because they have to be, not because they want to be. A poster featuring a fancy free motorcyclist on the open road with a caption underneath telling low-morale wage slaves to work harder and make the bossman richer will probably only harbor more resentment.

How a motivation poster helped inspire a suffocated young woman to quit a horror show of a job:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FNcOBkhN4"]Anxiety: Hibernate, Adapt, or Migrate: Summer Beretsky at TEDxWilliamsport - YouTube[/ame]

To me, it seems like the best way to keep cube farm employees in onerous environments from putting guns in their mouths is to lay off the corporate-speak and give them as much autonomy as possible. Most of them will always be there because they have to be, not because they want to be. A poster featuring a fancy free motorcyclist on the open road with a caption underneath telling low-morale wage slaves to work harder and make the bossman richer will probably only harbor more resentment.

How a motivation poster helped inspire a suffocated young woman to quit a horror show of a job:

Anxiety: Hibernate, Adapt, or Migrate: Summer Beretsky at TEDxWilliamsport - YouTube

Interesting, you assume that everyone in a cube farm is unhappy?

While I wanted to stab myself in the eye being cooped up in a small area everyday. I know and worked with folks that love it.
I also know folks who work outside they just wish they could work inside. I've done both and prefer to not be in a cube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I said those in onerous environments, and I used the word "most", not "all". Some people really dig it, of whom I was not one. Based on my personal past experience with cube farms and similar office environments, most were unhappy and few truly wanted to be there. More of them than not were taking mood enhancing drugs, prescription and illegal. There were a lot of fake people and a lot of back-stabbers. They suffered through each week, looking forward to the lunch hour and the weekend most of all.

The answer from the upper echelon was always the same; insufferable motivational speakers, shallow pep talks, posters, etc. When you convince people to spend the majority of their lives in stifling, unnatural environments performing tedious, mind-numbing tasks, it only makes sense that keeping them out of the emotional ditch becomes a continual and top priority for the executive staff.

I also know folks who work outside they just wish they could work inside. I've done both and prefer to not be in a cube.

I also have done both and when it is cold and or wet, a warm and dry building is very appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hot doesn't work for me either.

I spent a summer installing A/C in new construction. Turns out you never get to appreciate the fruits of your labors. July in Texas standing on a corrugated metal roof dropping A/C units into place. Yea, I appreciate my nice climate controlled space.

As for performing tedious, mind-numbing tasks in stifling, unnatural environments, that sounds a lot like running fiberglass flex duct in someone's attic. If I have to go back to that, I might put a gun in my mouth.

Hot doesn't work for me either.

I spent a summer installing A/C in new construction. Turns out you never get to appreciate the fruits of your labors. July in Texas standing on a corrugated metal roof dropping A/C units into place. Yea, I appreciate my nice climate controlled space.

As for performing tedious, mind-numbing tasks in stifling, unnatural environments, that sounds a lot like running fiberglass flex duct in someone's attic. If I have to go back to that, I might put a gun in my mouth.

I've done A/C work too, and it can be no fun at all.
I enjoyed working in a shop doing mechanic work. Still hot, but we had shade.

I've done A/C work too, and it can be no fun at all.
I enjoyed working in a shop doing mechanic work. Still hot, but we had shade.
Shoulda been working at the BMW dealership. Those are NICE digs for a mechanic. High speed roll door keeps the incoming heat to a minimum and it's nice and cool in there. Very nice work bays too, but they could be considered just big cubes. :rofl:

I've not found motorcycle specific sites for this stuff..... But www.despair.com has the opposite of what you're looking for and they're pretty good. lol...

Do you have your own shots you'd like to use to make it 'personal'? Plenty of websites allow for creation of your own motivational posters where you simply upload the image and add your own text where it spits out the result. Or Photoshop does a good job doing the same. Your pics- your message.

Unfortunately I am not a person that takes many pictures as it does not interests me all nor am I the creative type. Trust me on that one! :lol2:

work place devotion and dedication where I work is exploited and abused till the devoted and or dedicated don't care any more or quit and find work else ware.

I have been very blessed to have been rewarded for hard work and dedication. My wife works for the post office so I truly understand statement. She has always worked extremely hard while watching others that did virtually nothing get advanced. It is not how hard you work but who you are close to instead.

Anxiety: Hibernate, Adapt, or Migrate: Summer Beretsky at TEDxWilliamsport - YouTube

Well, truth be told I am only looking to motivate myself. I have 10x10 office with nothing on the walls. I love motorcycles and spend a great deal of my time daydreaming about riding. If I want to motivate my employees, I bring them food.:mrgreen:

Stop wasting time and money insulting your coworkers. Break the mold. Take a look at The 5 Languages of Appreciation In The Workplace and create an EFFECTIVE motivational program.

Over my working career, I have worked outside as an equipment operator, both in the north and south, Had my own mechanics shop in Florida and it was not air conditioned. I have done remodeling inside and outside. Finally ended up inside in cube after learning electronics and programming. What a pleasant change for me. Been doing this for over 30 years now and graduated from a cube to my own office which is nothing more than a closed in cube but been in here ~25 years.

I will be walking out of it for good in four months and returning to the great outdoors. This time, I will have no boss and be able to do what I want, when I want which I plan on involving a lot of this. :rider:

Posters, we won't need no stinking posters. :mrgreen:

Over my working career, I have worked outside as an equipment operator, both in the north and south, Had my own mechanics shop in Florida and it was not air conditioned. I have done remodeling inside and outside. Finally ended up inside in cube after learning electronics and programming. What a pleasant change for me. Been doing this for over 30 years now and graduated from a cube to my own office which is nothing more than a closed in cube but been in here ~25 years.

I will be walking out of it for good in four months and returning to the great outdoors. This time, I will have no boss and be able to do what I want, when I want which I plan on involving a lot of this. :rider:

Posters, we won't need no stinking posters. :mrgreen:

And you'll love it, trust me!!!!

Back