• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

mobile tire service?

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
like the title says, there is mobile motorcycle tire service?? and not just that, they do mobile maintenance service!

How did I miss this?

co-worker I played a part in getting on a motorcycle got a flat tire on his shadow phantom and I offered to help him with it and he tells me he has someone coming to fix it. I say "what?" and he tells me about this guy who does mobile tire service on motorcycles. you call and set a appointment and he comes to you in his van where he has the equipment to knock it out quick.

supervisor guy says he has used him also and it was cheaper to have the guy come and mount a new tire than going to the dealer:eek2:

there is one working hard to become the walmart of motorcycle tire service here in Texas and they just opened a shop under 10 miles from me!

http://www.flying-tire.com/mobile-service

Am I missing the phone number?

Ok ... for some reason all that showed on the contact page wS the Web form.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There's a slew of mobile "mechanics" out here in SoCal. Neat concept but I'd imagine that most folks are hesitant to have "Bob and Son" work on anything when they roll up in a clapped out old Bronco with "Bob and Son" mobile mechanic written in window chalk on the side.

Flying Tire looks like a top notch setup though. I'm sure things like this will pick up over time kind of like the mobile detailers that will clean your car while you work.

I saw a truck that advertised that on the way to ice cream bikes about two years ago. Never heard any more mention of it.

edit: just saw the age of the original post.

Anyone know of something similar in the San Antonio area? My KTM 250 XC-F got a flat (from a thorn) at the most recent TORCS race. I can patch a flat, but I am not sure if I am up to the removal and reinstall of the tire from the wheel. I have done it on my XR400 and CRF250 and swore I would not do it again unless I was out of options.

I somehow think that, much like AAA, in that crucial moment when I really, really need them the dispatcher will tell me I'm outside their "service area." :lol2:

So, I carry everything I need to take care of most tire issues on the spot. Tire irons, compressor, plugs and plug tools, F & R tubes if the plug won't fix it, patches for the tubes, etc. The cell phone is always the last resort, rather than the first. (does this make me a glutton for punishment?) :pound:

With practice, a rear tire tube swap can be done on the side of a gravel road in twenty minutes. A plug takes significantly less time. Tire changes at home, with a cold refreshing beverage close by, are by comparison, a cake-walk.
This beats sitting in the Summer sun :angryfire waiting hours for someone to find me on some desolate dirt road in the middle of nowhere. :flip:

YMMV

Edit: To be clear, this isn't a bash. I can see this as a great service for most folks and it sounds like a bargain compared to the brick and mortar shops. Just being a little tongue in cheek while thinking about how, when, and where I might call for help.

Last edited:
The times I've had rear tube flats, it took a couple of hours to get it all back together. And that was with a center stand.

Plug is 20 minutes though, just did one the other day.

The times I've had rear tube flats, it took a couple of hours to get it all back together. And that was with a center stand.

Plug is 20 minutes though, just did one the other day.

I went back and added "with practice" on that line. But, I've actually done it in twenty minutes out by Round Top while enroute to a meetup in Fayetteville. Of course this was on the KTM 950ADV and I had LOTS of practice taking it apart and putting it back together. ;-)

I just pulled up http://rsp-mmts.com no problem though there isn’t much there. The owner is named Ray and I reached him by text at the number posted by Jarrett I have used him by appointment and don’t know if he offers “emergency” response.

Last edited:
Back