• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A little Humble Pie

Reaction score
Is good for the soul.

During our most recent jaunt into Northwest Arkansas and Eureka Springs, we spent an afternoon at Roaring River State park watching the wannabe fly fishers do their darnedest to beat the trout into submission.

On the ride into the park, if you've never been, the roads become really motorcycle worthy for a couple miles.
The wife and I were following a Harley rider, guessing about my age, 60 err.....something, grey beard flowing in the wind.
He'd doing quite well in the twisties, and we are not being held back by his speed, tossing his bike from one floorboard scraping corner to the next. He's getting the most out of the ride an I'm thinking that's pretty good for a Harley. Pretty good for any old man on a fat bike.

Didn't realize just how good until we rolled up to the stop sign and he put both his prosthetic feet on the ground. From the knees down all aftermarket parts.

Like I said, sometimes a little humble pie.........................

Last edited:
Mo 112 and Mo F are both great near the park.

Mo 86 North of the East end of F running up to Mo 76 is incredible! :rider:

Good on the rider for sticking with the passion despite his "handicap" :clap:

that's fantastic!

and to add to your humble pie....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdXjm8pZMws"]Humble Pie-30 Days In The Hole - YouTube[/ame]

I was riding with a old patch rider some years back , we were on a mission and running about 85 on the interstate , he would slow down and lean down then pick it back up for a while . at one stop I mentioned it to him , he said the wind kept blowing is prosthesis off the floor board , so I got a bungy cord out of my side box and offered to tie it on for him everybody got a good laugh out of that . I still go to some parties they have and that was mentioned a while back . I kinda miss him , he passed several yeas ago .

Not Dave.
This fellow was almost as diametrically opposed, circumferentially challenged, and height/weight disproportionate as I am.

Back