• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Late notice for Cheeseburger run

Okay, that looks like the loop I led a long time ago when Pops was on his 650 BMW, but I think we stopped for BBQ over on the edge of College Station. So where is it that you are stopping for the cheeseburger?

Okay, that looks like the loop I led a long time ago when Pops was on his 650 BMW, but I think we stopped for BBQ over on the edge of College Station. So where is it that you are stopping for the cheeseburger?

So, you're actually suppose to get a cheeseburger?

Seriously??? Ok, well Yankees may be more of a pirate hang-out, but they do serve a pretty mean cheeseburger.

I've done both and your route was different! I don't remember everything you did but we don't go any closer to Bryan than Carlos. Seems like you went into Navasota too? Don't remember. We get the burger at Yankees.

Scott that loop was layed out by a KLR rider out of Spring-Kline area (do not remember his handle), he did alot of posting at one time. He rode mostly alone scouting it out. The cheeseburger run was first done by Greasemonkey.

Below is the original track minus one section that ended up being private.

Attachments

• CheeseBurgerRun.gdb
    15.1 KB · Views: 206
Yeah, it has a lot of the same roads. We crossed over the Navasota River on that dirt road near Iola. I forgot about getting a burger at Yankees because I rarely eat there. I usually just grab a drink. There is a Citgo station in Shiro that used to serve a great burger off their grill. It was a popular spot with the DS crowd for a while. I've not been in there in years so I don't know if they still have the grill or if they are any good if they still do. Also, there is the Flynn feed store on Hwy 39 and FM 977. Last time I was in there, they had a great burger/fries combo!

Anybody want to try the loop Sunday? This is a section in the national forest today.

Attachments

• CjfY2c2UgAASr4C.jpg
    CjfY2c2UgAASr4C.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 179
Come on, I'm heading out soon to see how bad it is! Just water, right?

Well I went, that particular road was still as bad as the picture, didn't even think about trying it. But did get to try my luck in several water crossings. Tried one ditch too many and got stuck pretty bad. At least the frame stopped it from being a catastrophe. Still took 45 minutes and every bit of strength an old man had. Inch at a time.

I thought of that! But I wasn't near ANYTHING to tie onto.

Anyone free to try the loop this week before they repair the roads, should be fun.

This is the culvert that got me in a bind. My friend (took this picture) said he made it over on Sunday on his 690.

When I tried going over the tube on my GS800 it just pushed tube to far side and left a 8-10 inch gap that tire just lodged in. I'm sure with more guts and maybe some help to rescue me I might could have popped over it. But it didn't feel likely. 500+ pounds is lot to "pop" over, plus all the dirt was soft, not slick but soft.

So I got the wise idea to pull the tube out of the way(it's light). Left a 2 foot wide and about foot deep trench. To the foot felt like it had a bottom, it didn't, wheel sunk to it hit the frame and my party started then! The tracks to far right was were I was stuck. Plus as I rocked bike out of trench rear kept trying to go into the real ditch, so I had to keep working bike to center of road to keep rear on solid ground.

The sides were quicksand, would have needed a wrecker to get out of that stuff.

Attachments

• 13315669_829102397219860_8070827797614032590_n.jpg
    13315669_829102397219860_8070827797614032590_n.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Try again next Saturday? I'll need to be back at the farm by around 2:30-3 though

Try again next Saturday? I'll need to be back at the farm by around 2:30-3 though

Saturday is no go for me, Granddaughter graduates at 10 with party afterwards, probably better show up!

Back