• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jeff Hansen banged up

Helmet front view
6CA00100-4866-4426-B8B0-D7EB471ABA94_zpsorctqbsh.jpg

It is a HJC SYMAX III modular helmet. For those interested, the chin bar was down and locked at the time of the accident. It stayed locked. I will be getting another one.

When you see these scratches you must feel very good you were wearing it!

Glad to see you are home.

Get well soon.
The front view of you bike made me think of this...
marty_feldman_sketch_by_jubhubmubfub.jpg

Left side of bike looking forward to back
7C34F19E-18D9-4C03-A02D-B1704F2C758D_zpsiftoa3vz.jpg

Right side of the bike at the steer head
99C4E0DB-BB83-4EF8-8A14-8D09680432C4_zpsz4kyse2m.jpg

Right side of bike
7554FC31-78C5-4424-B1B6-D32F665EC047_zpsogxc0bh6.jpg

That should buff out with a little Brasso and elbow grease. Roll it in by the recliner and have at it. :thumb:

Hope you have a quick recovery and back to your normal self. . . if normal is the best you can do. :nana:

In case anybody would like an update....two weeks post accident, one week out of the hospital and I am moving under my own power; medicated but moving. Physical therapy has started on the shoulder area. The doctor says no driving for three weeks so two more to go. The better half Kelly is shouldering the bulk of that. I do have the daughters boyfriend as a backup and he's a good kid so I'm going to use him to help out with "anti cabin fever" drives. Just to get out of the house. No other things to report except I'm catching up reading ride reports. I can't ride so I'll tag along on reports. Thanks for your thoughts and support.
ATGATT.

So nothing for them to do on the broken bones other than let them heal on their own?

In case anybody would like an update....two weeks post accident, one week out of the hospital and I am moving under my own power; medicated but moving. Physical therapy has started on the shoulder area. The doctor says no driving for three weeks so two more to go. The better half Kelly is shouldering the bulk of that. I do have the daughters boyfriend as a backup and he's a good kid so I'm going to use him to help out with "anti cabin fever" drives. Just to get out of the house. No other things to report except I'm catching up reading ride reports. I can't ride so I'll tag along on reports. Thanks for your thoughts and support.
ATGATT.

Good news that you are doing better.

The ortho doc said the clavicle was broken in the spot where surgery is not required. The rib fractures just have to heal in place. Ribs 4 thru 9 about 5 inches left of my spine. Such a convenient place to break ribs. My recliner is my bed for the foreseeable future.

"Time heals all" What a croc. Good that your doing well. Sounds like a bonding opportunity!:trust: I should have come to get you for dinner Thur night.

Here's my three week update. Clavicle is "healing nicely" but if I move it a certain way........so I try not to move it that way. Problem is it will hurt just about anyway I move my shoulder. Just going to go slow. My lower left leg remains swollen and sore. Ice three to five times a day and lots of exercises given to me by my physical therapy folks. The doc says its a deep bruise and will take 3-6 months to heal completely. No long walks for a while.
My fractured ribs are still causing some pain but not as much. I've developed a cough so I get to hug a pillow once I start. Who knew coughing could hurt so much.
I've started to lay off the prescription pain meds and just using the OTC stuff. I'll take the good stuff if necessary but not a fan of the side effects.
Bike update. Parts are ordered and repairs/replacement will start once they are all in. July 8 remains the return date but I'm flexible. Going to let the process take care of it.
Thanks to everyone who has passed along well wishes.

Good to know the progress, I hope it continues to move forward.
Thanks for the update.

July 8th update. Both docs, surgeon and ortho, have given me a "clean" bill of health with a return to work on July 15th. That's the good news. The bad news is the bike is not ready yet but it wasn't promised to be ready today either. Today was a "ballpark guess". Stopped by Woodlands HD and they're still waiting on a couple of parts. It is an 11 year old bike so I get parts being hard to find. Just enough redesign that what is currently fitting Heritages doesn't quite work for mine. So it sounds like they will start next week and I should get it back the 26th. Bummer not having it to ride but the air conditioning does not work on it so.....anyway thanks again to everybody and the best wishes sent.

Good news on the recovery. I am back from Alaska, so feel free to drop me a line if you need help picking up your bike.

Home finally. A couple issues that the insurance guy missed but the dealership documented before I left. But the bike is back in my garage.
43D0C055-3CB6-4803-8771-4EE2116A3B2E_zpskzuh3o1s.jpg

93D4B45E-331F-43DC-8338-8FEE760192BB_zps2netty7d.jpg

Looking good Jeff. Looks like some new duds. Much better then the hospital gown and booties I saw you in last time.

That's my winter gear with the liners pulled out and it's way too hot even with that. New mesh gear on order with New Enough (still can't call them Motorcyclegear.com). That is a new helmet, first one saved my head, same model different color. HJC Sy-Max III

Lookin Gooood!! Glad to se ya back in the saddle again. Let's go for a ride sometime. Not like I have a lot to do these days. Maybe the Pie Run?

I'm a probable for the pie run and that is coming together. So yes to riding to the pie run

Back