• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

total and utter newbie

TXbike

Reaction score
huntsville, texas and houston, texas and college s
Hi everyone, names adam and IM a newbie. when I say newbie, I mean I've sat on my dads bike, looked at bikes at shops like a poser who knew what he was talking about, downloaded video clips and bragged about me being able to do the same stuff. But in reality Im a guy that can only drive up the drivewar in pop's intruder 1400.. boo hoo.. hahahaha, finally, a good texas bike site!!!

Adam

Ya, ya, ya, more likely, you started riding dirt bikes when you were two, and have more miles racked up than I'll ever see... :)

Welcome, from the bull goose poseur of 'em all.... ;)

LOL.. but im sure its no big deal

It's not really. However, I highly suggest you take the MSF course!! The crazy thing about motorcycles is that so much of what you really need to do in a situation is the exact opposite of what you would think you need to do. Your normal survival reactions are typically the worst possible thing to do. Until you learn about these things and train yourself to avoid doing the wrong thing, you will be severely limiting the fun you can have on the bike. The MSF course is really just the beginning. The learning never stops. I've got over 80K miles behind me and I still learn new stuff when I least expect it. That's part of the fun.

Tourmeister said:
LOL.. but im sure its no big deal

It's not really. However, I highly suggest you take the MSF course!! The crazy thing about motorcycles is that so much of what you really need to do in a situation is the exact opposite of what you would think you need to do. Your normal survival reactions are typically the worst possible thing to do. Until you learn about these things and train yourself to avoid doing the wrong thing, you will be severely limiting the fun you can have on the bike. The MSF course is really just the beginning. The learning never stops. I've got over 80K miles behind me and I still learn new stuff when I least expect it. That's part of the fun.

wise words. Aug 22-24 is my msf classes. Im looking forward to it and cant wait.. :chug:

Adam

Back