• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheddars Cafe - College Station, TX

TXbike

Reaction score
huntsville, texas and houston, texas and college s
Very good place to eat. The food is cheap (8 oz sirloin med, with 6 shrimp 10.99 with 2 sides) the service is fast and the drinks are awesome. For people that like 'buffalo' style food, Rajun Cajun Chicken tenders is the way to go. Try it out, you'll love it. Corner of University and the Bypass (Hwy 6)

Adam

cheddars is a hang out for college kids and the food is mediocre at best, but if you get drunk I guess anything is good

When I was in college, quantity was more important than quality. It is all what you are looking for.
Never been there, but I will give it a try next time I am in town.

cleanmar said:
cheddars is a hang out for college kids and the food is mediocre at best, but if you get drunk I guess anything is good

Don't hold back. How do you really feel? :rofl

I thought it was OK, but the service has sucked the last 2 times I ate there. And if you want a table go early, supper at 4pm or earlier, lunch when they open or after 2pm, otherwise you will be waiting a long time. The line is usually out into the parking lot.

I've been to the College Station Cheddar's, and it seemed like a second-rate Chili's.

The one in Midland was pretty good also. Maybe the College Station one is afflicted with "college town" syndrome :scratch

Could be. We weren't able to find any places worth re-visiting in the College Station area, with the notable exception of the restaurant at the Messina Hof winery.

HouFJR said:
Could be. We weren't able to find any places worth re-visiting in the College Station area, with the notable exception of the restaurant at the Messina Hof winery.

Stay away from CS and you'll find places to eat, especially Mexican. Try Coco Loco at 1607 S Texas Avenue, right in front of the Preference Inn and across the street from Auto Zone.

Martins BBQ at 3403 S College Ave. VERY good pork.

LaFamilia at 300 N Texas Ave, lunch specials and the best breakfast tacos around.

REAL pizza, try MR. G's at 201 W 26th street. :chug:

Italian, Cafe Capri, 222 N Main street.

I don't know any local folks with any taste that go out to Messina Hof.... :-P

I hear very good things about Christophers world grill, but I can't afford to eat there....

I happen to like Cheddar's alot. But try to hit it in the summer or Christmas break when the kiddies are out of town. ;-)

Maybe I am just used to the food, or maybe I have less discerning tastes, but I haven't found a place yet that I disliked. ;-)

Back