• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

another wingman

BIG A

Reaction score
just joined up, have been reading post for awhile, i live in central tx. and ride every chance i get,:rider: have a 03 vtx1800c and a 06 goldwing, am also currently interested in maybe getting something like a bmw gs1200, would like to start hitting some unpaved county roads in my area that i wouldn't ride my gold wing down, hope to meet up with some of ya'll on a pie run:eat:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Got dirt experience? If not, I would shy away from a 1200GS ;-) Buy something cheap and disposable to learn the dirt skills, like a KLR 650 or DR 650, maybe a DRZ400. You'll have a great time and it won't tear up an expensive bike when you go down... :-P Trust me... I learned on the fat 1150GS :trust: (which I really miss :tears:)

yep got the dirt, raced enduros, hare scrambles, and cross countrys for years, started out on xr 500, then a 500 can am then a kx 500, now that was a beast!!! thats why i want the gs. rode one a couple of weeks ago and fell in love.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Got dirt experience? If not, I would shy away from a 1200GS ;-) Buy something cheap and disposable to learn the dirt skills, like a KLR 650 or DR 650, maybe a DRZ400. You'll have a great time and it won't tear up an expensive bike when you go down... :-P Trust me... I learned on the fat 1150GS :trust: (which I really miss :tears:)

but...but...but...I bought a 1200 GS for my FIRST bike! And I've been riding it on the dirt and in the mud. Granted, I go down on just about every one of those dirt rides, but...but...but...:rofl:

Welcome to the board! Not everyone here is like me (:loco:), but, hey, it's all good...

Welcome . You have a few GS riders in Waco area. Justin1889, canukwaco, and me, plus two others, plus at least two Stromsters. Wait. I sold mine Saturday. (But I'm hot on the trail for another evenbigger and uglier. LOL. ) p.m somebody. I think wacokid bought an Rs or Rt this time after the GS was smashed. But all of us ride a good bit. Check out the :greater Waco" section of the forum.

Back