• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Schertz!

krury

Reaction score
Lurker come Member here.
Schertz Texas that is!

I am a comeback rider after a 15 year hiatus. I turned 50 in March and it took me a couple of months to settle on a KLR I am not sorry I made the choice.

I have a 2007 KLR which I look for any excuse to jump on. I work at my home office and if I feel any hint of stress coming on, off I go on the KLR.
It is a busy time of year for me but I am looking for any day rides and half day rides. An overnighter if it involves ranch roads.

I am still equiping my bike and I have installed a Power Outlet and Compass in the Fairing and a Water Proof Watch on the bars. I have rewired the fuses to the KickStart Safety Switch Compartment. I have removed the Kickstand Safety Switch.

Future Adds.
Remove Clutch/Neutral Interlock
Happy Trails (HT) Teton Panniers
Happy Trails (HT) PD Nerf Bars
Bash Plate
Homemade Bar Dash for odds and ends

I have an MIG welder and a stick Welder and a full workshop. I do not mind helping out fellow dual sport riders with mods and repairs on a limited basis.
I plan on carrying a full regimen of emergency parts and tools for rides. tubes, patch kit, air, fuses, first aid and real tools.

I ordered the HT stuff 3 -weeks ago and everytime I call they are putting my stuff in boxes and getting ready to ship. I did not order Jesse Bags because of the poor customer service stories. I hope they arrive this week they said they were shipping on Friday the 22nd.

My first choice for Panniers was the Moto-Sport but they are on a 8 week backlog.

I am looking forward to any organized and unorganized rides I can hook up with.

Kevin

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Kevin! Sounds like you got some excellent farkles lined up. Ought to be a blast.....

Welcome to TWT! Not sure where Schertz is, but guess I'll be finding out! :rider:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Keep an eye on the DualSport section as it stays pretty busy!

Kevin, I was at Texas Pride Barbeque the other day (Saturday) and saw an '07 KLR parked there. Was that you? If so, that would be a good place to meet for a ride, as it is about halfway between Schertz and where I live.

Lets go Geezer I am always ready for a ride, even if it looks like its going to rain. Wasn't me though at the BBQ Joint although I ride down that direction alot.
I have lived in Schertz for 20 some years but not many dirt roads around here although I like cruising up to Krueger Canyon and around 1863 and back to 3009 or down Green Valley and such, when I feel like getting out of my office for a while.

Maybe you can tour me around St. Earwig or Adkins.

Welcome K-

I know where Schertz is, my sister lives there. I use it as a jumping-off place when I ride the hill country

. :rider:

Paul

Mr.Clean

Next time you are going to jump off let me know. I have cabin fever today 3" of rain so far. I am thinking about testing my rain gear.

Kevin

Back