• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm moving to Texas soon, and our resident admin pointed me in this direction from another forum. Been riding since 92, when I bought my first bike a '92 CB 750 Nighthawk from Anchorage Honda. Added a 95 H-D Sportster in 95, sold em both when I moved to Germany. Was bikeless for 3 months, couldnt stand it, and bought a well used CB 450, that a local German had turned into a track bike. (Yeah, I know, we scoff at a track bike thats only 450 cc's, but in Europe, it takes a VERY long time to get a license for anything larger) Had fun on it, but wanted something more. Added a '98 H-D Super Glide to the garage in late 97. Moved to Georgia, was working too much to ride, so it sat most of the time. Got laid off, took a job in St. Louis, sold the H-D. Got transferred to California, and found a holdover '02 Bandit at an unbelievable price, and am riding again! Love the Bandit, wouldn't mind a little more power, but, cant beat it for the price. Offered a promotion that takes me to Central Texas. Looking foreward to riding the Hill Country, and generally exploring a new area! By the way, when I move there, do I get a horse, gun and hat issued to me, or should I bring my own?? Dont want to be out of place!!!

Welcome to Tx!

Howdy Travis,

:tab Where will you be moving to? 120 miles North of Austin is a BIG area! There are lots of great places to ride over in that area if you know where to look.

:tab As for your questions, the only boots I wear are SIDI, my gun is in the closet, and I've only been on a horse a few times and it wasn't much fun hehe, my hat is made by Shoei. Get your sweat glands up to speed, we've been hitting 100-110 F here the last few weeks. :eek:

120 NM (= 120 Nautical Miles? ) West of Austin? What's that, like, Sonora or something?

Anyway, welcome.

100 degrees doesnt sound too bad to me, a COOL day here is 110. Already had a few days just shy of 120 here, and, its not even the hot part of summer yet! I am moving to McCulough County, almost due west of Austin, not sure what town I will live in just yet.

Back