• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie introduction

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Last Name
McCabe
Been living in Dallas since March, riding here for 14 months.

Not been riding as long as I should have, but have abandoned cars to focus on my 2 bikes. A BMW R1200GSA and Ducati Diavel.

Used to live in Canada, glad to be somewhere I can ride 12 months of the year.

Have done some solo touring, and working towards some more demanding adventure riding. Particularly adept at picking the GSA up from muddy roads while fully loaded!

One of these days there will be a 3rd bike, just feeling that a sport bike somewhere has my name on it.

Welcome, eh?
I lived in Halifax and Montreal for some time.
It's going to take a while to get used to the summer heat.
I've been here two summers and I'm still not quite acclimated.

Welcome to the land of ten months of summer, and two months of uncomfortable swimming. Seriously, if you can get past the heat for about ten weeks of uncomfortable mid-summer, you'll find that riding is a 12-month sport here.

Nice couple of bikes you've chosen. We expect pictures, of course.

Uncomfortable swimming. I'm going to use that if you don't mind.
When I was living near Green Bay they used to say "rough sleddin'" for the few weeks it was actually warm. Meaning above 80.

Uncomfortable swimming. I'm going to use that if you don't mind.
When I was living near Green Bay they used to say "rough sleddin'" for the few weeks it was actually warm. Meaning above 80.

I "repurposed" it from an old saying I once heard about North Dakota: eleven months of winter, and one month of bad ice skating.

Zombies from Canada now ride cycles? Eh, I knew we should have closed our northern borders!

Welcome.

Back