• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$27 Million road course in Cleveland.....TX ?

All right. Been hearing about this for a while now, just wandered if it would actually happen. I drive or ride over to Barber every year for their race, now may be able to see a 2nd event on the circuit, and I wont even have to get a hotel room. :clap:

Congrats to Marcus for pulling this off! He's been working hard on it, and deserves it.

Anyone who's wandered over to his trailer hat and hand, knows that you'd always walk away with what you needed. It's good to see that sometimes the nice guys actually finish!

Spectators will not be blasted out of the park by loud engines as the park plans to limit the noise level to 105 decibels to "make it a place that people would live," McBain said.

Just curious, how does he plan to pull this one off? I don't know a whole lot about racing, but don't many race bikes and cars run special exhaust systems that allow freer flowing exhaust, and that there is increased loudness as a byproduct of their function? I would think that a lot of racers would balk at a requirement like this. Maybe it's common at other race venues, I don't know. If someone knows more about it, I'd be interested in learning more about this issue.

You can muffle race vehicles down to any level necessary to maintain peace with your surrounding neihbors.Years ago,the AMA flattrackers ran bulbous cans on their XR750's because many of the racetracks had recent development nearby and noise restrictions placed on their operations by the governing bodies. Get enough complaints at city hall and the next thing you know, you have an injunction on your business. It's not right, like building a home at the end of a runway and then complaining about the jet's noise, but think back to all of the drag strips and mx tracks that have been closed because of the noise nuisance.

Just curious, how does he plan to pull this one off? I don't know a whole lot about racing, but don't many race bikes and cars run special exhaust systems that allow freer flowing exhaust, and that there is increased loudness as a byproduct of their function? I would think that a lot of racers would balk at a requirement like this. Maybe it's common at other race venues, I don't know. If someone knows more about it, I'd be interested in learning more about this issue.

Several tracks, both motorcycle and cars, already noise limits limit lower than 105 decibels as 105 is quite loud. They use something called a "muffler".

Contrary to popular belief, mufflers do not lower total HP level by much at all.

The difference here is that the track isn't built yet, and there are going to be condos and such on the property. 105dB is more than allowed at MX races, so short of keeping MotoGP away I doubt it will be an issue. I'm sure the AMA won't mind in order to get back into the second largest market for sport bikes.

And if MotoGP wanted to come, I bet an event waiver wouldn't be a problem.

It's a lot closer to IAH than Laguna Seca is to, well, anything.

Never say never.

There are 4 million XXX people around here surely would could gather a crowd.
Its only around 20 or so minutes from my house... Maybe I can get in more that 4 track days. I think we need a condo with access!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
And if MotoGP wanted to come, I bet an event waiver wouldn't be a problem.

MotoGP in Cleveland Texas?? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

It went to Qatar! Houston can't be that much worse, right? Ok nevermind that statement. :rofl:

Laguna Seca has a 92db limit. They do have a limited number of waivers for certain race originations that they can use throughout the year.

Skid

Why are you guys out east getting all the tracks? We have one in south Austin that has been rumored for about two years. Conventional wisdom says bikes won't run on that one. So its still TWS, Houston, Cresson etc for us.

I guess its just computers and art around here.

The track in San Marcos is open, and no motos allowed.

http://www.harrishillroad.com/

Wow... Are all tracks this expensive?

From the H2R website
What will it cost? To hold a membership slot prior to opening, you must register at our online store and use a check or credit card to pay down $300. If you would prefer to pay via check or money order, please contact us via e-mail or telephone.

When we open, you must pay $600 (the balance of your $900, one-time membership fee) and a $1,500 fully refundable damage deposit. To remain an H2R member, you must pay dues of $90/month and you will be required to purchase at least two four-hour sessions per quarter. On weekdays these will cost $100 each ($200/quarter), and on weekends each four-hour session is $150 ($300/quarter).

So, a member who wishes to keep costs to a minimum will pay $2,400 at sign-up ($1,500 of which is fully refundable). After that, annual costs of $1,880 will allow them 32 hours of actual (weekday) track time.

Wow... Are all tracks this expensive?

Only if you want/need a membership. Most of the folks that I know just run track days that are set by organizers like LoneStar, RideSmart, and Longhorn. You pay a fee to the organization for just that day - typically it ranges from $125 to $200. Most include instruction of some kind, ambulance on site, safety workers, etc.

Why, thinking about taking the GSA out? :rider:

Why are you guys out east getting all the tracks? We have one in south Austin that has been rumored for about two years. Conventional wisdom says bikes won't run on that one. So its still TWS, Houston, Cresson etc for us.

I guess its just computers and art around here.

It won't be much longer before TWS is turned into residential areas.

Back