• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2 (new) Riding suits for $499!!!

So it was time to try the vented suit on; it's been unseasonably cool around here of late and my mesh would be too cold. I removed the polar liner, opened all the vents, slipped into my cocoon of protection and went for a ride.

The vents work.... unlike the vents on my vented jackets, the Teiz vents actually pop open and let the air in. However I may customize that big pocket on the back by removing it and installing a mesh window at it's zippered opening. This would facilitate MORE flow by giving the air an avenue of escape.

If I thought the mesh offered me abrasion resistance and a way to hold body armor in their designated places, the vented version REALLY made me feel good about being "dressed for the fall"; WOW!

Snug as a bug in a rug, when seated on the bike the suit fit me quite well. I can't tell you why, but the body armor in my Vented version seemed better placed than that in my mesh suit.

And in black, I found it to be quite slimming for this 5' 2" 215 pounder. I could ask for vertical reflective stripes to make me look taller, but I'll settle for 'slimming'.....

CUSTOM TAILORED WITH A 4XL TOP AND OOMPA LOOMPA BOTTOM:
06-12-091.jpg

06-12-09.jpg

Well, I got mine last night.

He has listed some "pre-production units" and after eyeballing the size chart, it looked like they would fit me! The red probably wouldn't be my first choice, but the price made it pretty appealing to swallow my pride and try.

Good news, it's pretty close to perfect. Maybe a little snug around the naughty bits, but that could have been putting it on over jeans and/or just new and my inexperience in putting that style suit. Once on, it wasn't bad, especially on bike. My, er, hydrodynamic profile may also play a part in that issue, so I don't really blame the suit. My kids were quite amused by my walking around the house in it, much more so than the wifey :-?

I didn't get to do a really detailed look, as I was reminded that company was on the way, but construction appeared to be quite adequate. At least up to Joe Rocket type levels. Since at one point I was buying dozens of sets of leathers at a time, I in theory know what to look for. I didn't see any obvious danger signs.

The mesh will be a "one-use" suit though. Just like a mesh jacket, it's designed to do it's job and then it's done.

I'll give it a more detailed look tonight, and report back.

Have you had a chance to give this suit a decent evaluation yet?

Whoops.

Yes, rode to work Friday...when it was only 98°! Still, my legs were much better off than they would have been in Kevlar jeans, even with the "lined pockets" the magazine weanies (who have probably never ridden in anything over 80°) were worrying about.

Torso was about the same as any mesh jacket rig.

Construction is about the same as a Joe Rocket Phoenix. Not worlds above, but not substandard that I can tell either. Not that surprising, as almost all this stuff is sewn in Pakistan.

Little snug in the "package" area, but I think that's more to the fault of my hydrodynamic shape than the suit.

I recently communicated with him, seeking additional material to make the length of my suit's legs longer.

He pointed me to a link where I got a chance to read about the changes he is making with regard to his new version "2.0" suits. It's obvious that he has listened to all of the feedback offered him, as his changes are spot on with what I would have done with the suits.

More surprising still, he's offering similar competitive prices on his new 2.0 version as he was offering on his first run! Brother, thems is one inexpensive heck-of-a-deal suit(s)!!!

He promised to make me an altogether brand new suit with corrected measurements for my 5' 2"ness fatness. In the meantime I'm trying to lengthen the legs so they don't hike half way up my leg when I'm seated on the bike. It's all rather mute though, as I just went under the knife for a rotator cuff and bicep tendon fix..... so I'm out (and doing physical therapy) easily until the middle of November (if all goes well). Kind of a bummer to have new motorcycle suits, freshly installed mod's on a bike I haven't had for a year yet, and not be able to ride.
Now I know exactly what "CABIN FEVER" is/means......!

Spoke to Ghazi this week. Wanted the leather suit. Because I'm a "plus" size the suit will have to be custom made. The charge is an extra $200. That brings the suit to over $800+ (tax, shipping, etc). I had asked about the possibility of alteration, since I am going to try as lose weight. He said the way it is cut, (lots of smaller patchwork) it could not be done. I asked him about the stitching (the most important, weakest link). It is only double stitched with POLYURATHANE (sp?) thread, and only REGULAR double stitching. First of all, poly stitching has a low heat failure rate, sencond...no safety stitching, no hidden stitching, no interlocking stitching. Plus no gurarantee. Sorry folks, but for a 100-200 hundred more, I can get a Motoport suit, fully custom, THE BEST MATERIALS way stronger than leather...cooler/warmer, The BEST stitching....up to 5 rows, , interlocked and safety stitched with the strongest NYLON thread availible. Pockets, reflective 3M, ETC. Plus, alterations for life, Plus, a new suit if it fails, for life. Not to mention that there is 0 resale value, in Teiz's suits. Ghazi says this is a unique product, that is why is is worth so much. I guess he has never heard of MOTOPORT, or has researched the market well enough.I just bought a Joe Rocket suit that will fit and work just fine for $500, (delivered, that FITS), until I have the $ for a Motoport. I've personally have gone down to meet Wayne and get measured for one, Awesome service. I'm not here to trash Teiz, but to inform my fellow riders of my thoughts and experience...as to look out for our safety and well being.
Sorry, this product is not in the cards for me.:zen:

I have two Teiz suits that I can't wear.... both custom tailored, they don't fit.... but I'm really short, really round, and kinda muscular. Clothes DO NOT fit me, never have. Ghazi wants to do me right, and he is working with me.... so I may end up with one of his new jackets, as I fear MY SHAPE, and the one piece suit -IS THE PROBLEM-.

That said......
If I had $1200+ to spare, I would be a proud owner of a custom made, personal (southern Cali') custom tailored 'on-the-spot' , MotoPort Kevlar two piece summer suit; and that $1200 quote was from a few years ago, it may be even MORE for custom tailoring by now.

But the fact is.... Teiz offered to make a custom tailored suit for me for a mere $350, THAT'S ONE QUARTER THE PRICE OF A MOTOPORT ! ! ! It was a gamble, and A GOOD GAMBLE. But......, I'm round, I'm shaped like an aging muscle-bound troll, and who would have known that you have to allow LOTS more material for a troll to move around in on a bike. Well, I do now.

And I'm back to wearing my 'Red Line' Kevlar lined jeans and a Cortech leather & mesh jacket.
:doh:
Such is life.

What he offered YOU for a custom is VERY different from my conversation with him. I would gamble on a $350 suit. By the way, a motoport suit without the farkles would cost the same as Teiz's suit, for me. Not to mention the amazing life long service and alterations/materials, etc, etc, etc. Are you kidding? it's a no brainer.

Back