• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy folks!

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Matney
Happy Days from Matney's Law! I'm new to the site, and dualsporting Texas, but really excited about it. Bought my new PIG a month or so ago, got all the mods sitting in the house ready to change out. So Please hit me with any comments. I work here in Baytown for 2-3 weeks per month and 1-2 weeks at my home in Tennessee per month, so I'm really hoping to find some dualsport minded folks out there near by to ride with evenings and weekends when time and daylight allows, and would be open to scheduling some rides in Tennessee for those interested. i have some land there, but I live about 4 miles from some of the best riding in tennessee. Google Westpoint tn and you'll see what I mean. Anywho, so where do the Honda dual sport folks hang out? And how do I link up with them in the baytown area? I'm in Tennessee for the balance of the month bringing on a new grandbaby, but after I should be in and out around here. :rider:

Terry

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. There are some folks who meet down in your area on Wednesday night. I know for sure that at least two of them ride XR's and many who enjoy a good dual sport ride. Check them out ->here<- I believe they are meeting at Abe's on Clear Lake Boulevard at 6pm tonight.

Nice, I checked it out, and since me and John Wayne do have just one thing in common, and that's that we do tend to favor the gut, That might be the perfect fit! Thanks for the info! Of course on the other hand I just may have to wait until i'm back from TEnnessee and break out my gerbings jacket to keep me thawed!

Thank you, I try to enjoy it!

Sorry for the delay, and not a great picture, but more to come... I can only do pictures from my laptop at work so took me a few hours to figure out hoe to do this. LOL!

Weird, no luck on the picture Gina, I'll try again in a couple of hours and see if I can get it to come thru. I get an error that tells me that I already posted it in the XR owners forum on TWT. Good news though, I cna tell ya it's on page 502 of that forum. LOL!

The pig.jpg

Finally got it to attach! This little piggy went to market and cried "GRRRRR" all the way home! Woohoo!

LOL! Hmm, well today I'm desmogging, rejetting, and desnorkelling, along with doing the daves mods today. so I hope at least by tomorrow. It's rained here too so i think that is a relatively sure bet! LOL! :rider::eek2:

Thanks Tourmiester! i'm looking forward to some of your legendary routes and rides! I don't know my way around the lone star state so as usual, i may be lost, but I'm making good time! LOL!

Desmog completed on the new XRL, not much difference in power or top end, but sizable difference in throttle response and cold start. It's there when you twist now! Next on the agenda, jetting, airbox and Daves Mod today as time permits! Woohoo!

Back