• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BigRoach in D-Town!

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Roach
What's up fellas?!:dude:
My name is Ben Roach, I been ridin' street for 'bout ten months. Currently ride my first street bike- a 1999 Honda VFR- ( for those who are not aware, it is a chain, 800cc, fuel injected, v-four, with gear driven cams and a single sided swing arm(whatever the **** all that means)haha)! It aint no GSX-R1000, but it's sporty enough for my riding style. (i.e. I'm no stunt rider) Before that it was just trail riding on the XR400 for like three months, so needless to say I am new to riding; but I am very comfortable on two wheels. My dad bought me this bike this summer so he, my bro, and I could ride together, and it has been a great way to spend time with them.
So far, I have ridden to Crested Butte, CO; up to N. Arkansas; and ventured down to the Hill Country (Hunt) on the Viffer. I love getting out into the twisties in the country, with a couple of buddies, enjoying the scenery and the adrenaline. :chug: And then, later getting ****faced with those same buds!
I live up in North Dallas, but I have no garage at my apt.'s, so I keep my bikes in my parents garage, with the rest of "TEAM ROACH" :
Dad's: '01 BMW K1200RS
'03 Suzuki SV1000S
Bro's:'98 Suzuki SV650S
'01 Suzuki DRZ400
I am always down for a ride!! So gimme a holler!!

Ben Roach

Howdy Ben,

:tab Welcome to the site. Please note the forum rules regarding language ;-) Excellent choice in bike, the VFR's are fantastic bikes! There are a LOT of VFR owners and past owners here, myself included. Don't let the Gixxer guys bug you about the VFR, it sounds better and is more comfy than their bikes ;-)

:tab There is a very active group that meets every week in Plano for bike nights on Thursday evening. Keep an eye on the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum for details. There are also quite a few folks that like to get up to Red River to play in the dirt fairly often, they usually post up in the Texas Offroad Riders forum.

:tab You did tell your Dad and brother about TWT... right? :-P

Sleepy Weasel said:
VFR? What's that?
:lol2:

Howdy and welcome, Ben.
:welcome:

Yeah, when I wrote that I didn't realize how many on this site owned VFR's. I've found not a whole lot of people (even riders) know what they are.

BigRoach said:
Yeah, when I wrote that I didn't realize how many on this site owned VFR's. I've found not a whole lot of people (even riders) know what they are.

If it makes you feel less like you wasted your breath, I don't know a lot ABOUT them. The single-sided swingarm, for example was a surprise to me.

Back