• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from the new guy.

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am a returning rider. I picked up a very nice 1984 Honda VF700C Magna in September and have started reaquiring my riding skills after about a 15 yr streach of not having a ridable bike.

I am now starting to look for some good rides in TX as I have only lived in Houston for about 3 yrs.

kdf9511 said:
Howdy all,

I am a returning rider. I picked up a very nice 1984 Honda VF700C Magna in September and have started reaquiring my riding skills after about a 15 yr streach of not having a ridable bike.

I am now starting to look for some good rides in TX as I have only lived in Houston for about 3 yrs.

Thought about getting some training after the long layoff ? An ERC maybe ?

By the way, Welcome !

Howdy Kerry,

:tab Welcome back to the addiction... you were never really gone :trust: Head up I-45 FM 1488, head West. At the intersection for FM 1978, turn right onto Honea-Egypt Rd and go North. You will come out on FM 2854. Go West and follow this to Hwy 105. At the light on 105, Go West into Montgomery. At the first light you will be at the intersection of FM 149 and Hwy 105. If you turn right, FM 149 runs up through the Sam Houston National Forest. It is a nice ride. Just watch for LEO on the weekends because this is a popular road for people from all over Houston. Also, every Thursday night, we meet at King's Cafe about one block North on FM 149 from Hwy 105, 7-9pm.

:tab Welcome to the site!

Tourmeister said:
Howdy Kerry,

:tab Welcome back to the addiction... you were never really gone :trust: Head up I-45 FM 1488, head West. At the intersection for FM 1978, turn right onto Honea-Egypt Rd and go North. You will come out on FM 2854. Go West and follow this to Hwy 105. At the light on 105, Go West into Montgomery. At the first light you will be at the intersection of FM 149 and Hwy 105. If you turn right, FM 149 runs up through the Sam Houston National Forest. It is a nice ride. Just watch for LEO on the weekends because this is a popular road for people from all over Houston. Also, every Thursday night, we meet at King's Cafe about one block North on FM 149 from Hwy 105, 7-9pm.

:tab Welcome to the site!

I haven't had a chance to ride that area yet but I plan to soon. That is a pretty close area to me as I live neer Spring. I have driven that area a few times and hunted the National Forest up there. Hopefuly I might be able to make it up that way some thurs night.

Tourmeister said:
Also, every Thursday night, we meet at King's Cafe about one block North on FM 149 from Hwy 105, 7-9pm.

Holy Cow, I didn't even realize this, but that place is less than 20 miles from my house. I'll plan on making the trip once I get a few more miles under my belt and I get the front wheel fixed!

:tab Actually, there are a LOT of people in the area. We generally get anywhere from 8-20 people. There does not seem to be any predictability to how many will show. The pretty days you'd think a lot would show, we might have a few. The nasty cold wet nights when you'd think everyone would stay home, we get a huge crowd :shrug:

:tab There are also the weekly Tuesday evening meets at PO's burgers down on Telge South of you.

Welcome Kerry! My second bike was a brand new 1985 VF700 Magna. Those V4's are smooth as silk!

I'm also in Spring. Just keep an eye out on the board for rides departing from our area.:welcome:

Welcome KD. Has your Magna been out of service all this time too ?

Your avatar reminds of a couple employees.
Exept I use the "DRAIN BAMAGED" version.

;-)

jetblue said:
Welcome KD. Has your Magna been out of service all this time too ?
;-)

No I bought it from the second owner, and I just happen to work with both or of the previous owners. I was lucky enough to pick up one that has been well taken care of.

The reason I wasn't riding for a while was that I was trying to rebuild a '72 CB450 but just never seemed to find time to work on it.

Welcome, and 42 is the answer to the ultimate question. :)

Back