• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 BMW K1600B Thoughts?

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Pina
I saw all the news articles yesterday about the new 2017 K1600B. I can't decide if I like it or not. I'm pretty sure I don't, but there are a few attractive features. Thoughts?

From CycleNews dot com:

An overview of highlights of the new BMW K 1600 B:
•6-cylinder in-line engine according to EU4 regulations with an output of 118 kW (160 hp) at 7750 rpm and a maximum torque of 129lb-ft at 5250 rpm.
•Bagger design with eye-catching stretched streamline-style silhouette and low rear section.
•Low rear frame for reduced vehicle height, dropped passenger seat height (-2.7in) and typical bagger look.
•Fixed side cases with a new compartment design, rear central cover and integrated light units in US-American styling.
•Chrome-plated parallel silencers with ribbed end caps.
•Folding rear mudguard for easy wheel removal.
•Effective wind and weather protection with wind deflectors stretched further back.
•Typical short bagger-style electrically adjustable windscreen.
•Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation and “Road” and “Cruise” damping modes as standard.
•Reverse assist for even simpler maneuverability as an optional equipment item ex works.
•Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without clutch as an ex-works option.

P90238902_highRes_bmw-k-1600-b-10-2016-730x545.jpg

P90238903_highRes_bmw-k-1600-b-10-2016-730x545.jpg

P90238900_highRes_bmw-k-1600-b-10-2016-730x548.jpg

Guess they are going after the Gold Wing F6B. I could get coaxed into a bagger style if the designers would quite trying to make them look like something out of the 30s. The BMW might fit that bill.

Exactly what I saw. The rear of the BMW reminds me of the F6B.

I just realized this week of this bike's existence and I'm really digging it.

Of course I ride a bagger and this thing addresses the issues I have with my Road King. I want more power, better brakes, better suspension and more ground clearance.

It doesn't look as pretty as a Harley, but looks are subjective. Being lighter and priced about the same as a new Road King is a win. I doubt it'll take sales away from the average Harley crowd, but I can see guys like me who aren't dyed in the wool HD guys taking an interest.

What does the K1600B weigh? Looks like bikes in this genre are getting heavier and heavier!

That r9t café is just stunning to look at although not sure how it would look after a few hours in the saddle.

I test rode the bagger expecting not to be impressed. I liked how the bike worked as a whole. The GTL's are too Gold Wing like for me. I liked the bagger I just can't afford it. Great wind management, didn't feel too heavy once rolling.

I haven't ridden one but just sitting on it,I'd say it's the most comfortable bike I ever sat on.(I've owned almost one of every bike made)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I test rode the bagger expecting not to be impressed. I liked how the bike worked as a whole. The GTL's are too Gold Wing like for me. I liked the bagger I just can't afford it. Great wind management, didn't feel too heavy once rolling.

Who let you test ride it? I saw it at Alamo BMW in SA last year and I’d have to leave a kidney to test ride it. I’ve never owned a proper street bike but that is a beauty

I rode one in SE MN. Leo's south (BMW dealer) in Minneapolis had it at the BMW Hiawatha gathering in Houston, MN. Don't know how many dealers have it as a demo. Hope you find one to test ride.

Back