• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

tire pump recommendation

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
I've been using a Black & Decker Air Station,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IE0YIQ/?tag=twowhetex-20

for a few years and have had no problems with it. I realized my dad at 72 years old is still gathering quarters and driving down to his local gas station to top off the air in the tires of his and mom's cars. I planned on just getting the same one I have, after all it's worked well and I use it frequently for the truck, wife's car, motorcycle, riding mower and sister-in-laws cars.

Doing some research it seems to be getting mixed reviews so I'm wondering if others have experience with other models that they would also recommend?

I considered going up and getting a true compressor with a small tank but that may be overkill for the usage. One feature I like about my Black & Decker is that it has a DC power and not require it to be plugged into the car's cigarette lighter.

I use a 10# CO2 tank available at the local welding supply store. I use it to top off my tires on the cars and motorcycles. It costs about $15 to fill it and it lasts me around 2 years. No extension cord, just a 5' hose and a small regulator that makes it easy to carry or to take with me on camping trips.

Back