• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aerostich Roadcrafter

swaanimal

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Spates
Finally cracked open the old wallet and called Aerostich, placed an order for a Roadcrafter one piece suit. What a wonderful group of folks to deal with:clap: After taking my dimentions, it was determined that I would need a couple of alterations:doh: and to get them correct they sent me a suit and told me that when I got the suit to put it on, get on the bike, call them and they would walk me through the rest of the process. True to form, I recieved a suit, put it on, called 'em up and we discussed which alterations I would need. I was told that my suit would be started as soon as we got off the phone. Sent the trial suit back to them, two weeks later I recieved my suit. Very comfortable, good up to about 80 degrees with the vents open, I'm very happy!:thumb:

Attachments

• Jasons Stich.jpg
    Jasons Stich.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 179
Nice choice, I love my 2-piece RC, my temp range is about 30-105*, if I put up with a little sweating at the upper end (and with my new Under Armor, that may not even be that big a deal). :chug:

Sweet! Glad to hear they were accommodating. So how does it feel above 80*? Is it more "uncomfortable" or is it downright miserable?

I travel frequently for work, and my current client is in Minneapolis. Aerostitch is just down the street in Duluth, so..... :D (Pending CFO approval. :eek: )

texas_vfr said:
Sweet! Glad to hear they were accommodating. So how does it feel above 80*? Is it more "uncomfortable" or is it downright miserable?

I travel frequently for work, and my current client is in Minneapolis. Aerostitch is just down the street in Duluth, so..... :D (Pending CFO approval. :eek: )

Above 80 is uncomfortable sitting still, but bearable in motion. Rode to work one day close to 90, OK at highway speeds, but as soon as I started getting caught at lights I started sweating.

I've heard a rumor that if you show up at their shop, you may get a discount, although I have no proof of one.

Now I need to figure out what to do with all of these pockets:lol2:

wczimmerman said:
In hot weather, fill them with ice.

+1 for ice in the pockets. It works great during the summer if you know you're going to be in stop/go traffic for a while and it keeps you cool on long trips in the heat, too. I'm on my second Roadcrafter suit and they are great 3-season suits here in north Texas. But once the 85+ degrees / 70%+ humidity weather arrives, I go to mesh gear for use around town.

I got stuck in traffic during one of the 100 degree afternoons last week in my suit and I was miserable. If I hadn't had a full 100oz Camelbak and a couple of water bottles in my tankbag, I would have been in trouble. I dumped the water bottles down inside my suit which helped a lot. Slow speeds and hot weather are not comfortable in a Roadcrafter.

However, if I'm taking a long trip and I know I'll be at highway speeds for extended periods of time, I'll still wear the 'Stich in the summer. The venting is quite effective as long as you keep a lot of air moving through the suit. I refill the pockets with ice at each gas stop and make sure I stay hydrated. (If you don't have a Camelbak, you need one. Being able to drink water while I ride has made a remarkable improvement in my riding comfort and endurance.)

If (God forbid) I lived in a cooler climate, the 'Stich would be the only suit in my collection.

I use RC one piece for long trips, but around town and commuting I wear my Darian jacket. Good to 105 degrees. The Darian vents well and is great for unexpected rain showers.

Back