• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

??? iBOOSTER ???

garfey

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Anyone know anything about this, good, bad, or otherwise?

Had an email in my Junk folder this morning and, it not being the usual Spam or Phishing Expedition, I opened it. And my PC didn't lock up.

So whatcha think?

iBOOSTER Technical Info

kinda snake oil. it likely adds a air gap so coil voltage has to build higher before it jumps. end result is a bit more voltage at the plug and a bit hotter spark.

good plug and good tune you would never need it and it adds another wear item.

you used to be able to buy plug adapters for cars that burn oil, it had a air gap so you would get a hotter spark at the plug so spark plugs would last longer before they fouled or in some cases kept the plug from fouling.

it takes a pretty strong coil to get any benefit, if the coil is week they don't work.

kinda snake oil. it likely adds a air gap so coil voltage has to build higher before it jumps. end result is a bit more voltage at the plug and a bit hotter spark.

good plug and good tune you would never need it and it adds another wear item.

you used to be able to buy plug adapters for cars that burn oil, it had a air gap so you would get a hotter spark at the plug so spark plugs would last longer before they fouled or in some cases kept the plug from fouling.

it takes a pretty strong coil to get any benefit, if the coil is week they don't work.

Sounds about right. Not much of substance in the "Tech Info," so likely more stuff right from the J.C. Whitney catalog or the back of Popular Mechanics.

What I did note is that the "device" is endorsed by a Moto Tour outfit that's sent me solicitations.

And the address: . . .
... 1313 S. Disneyland Dr. ...

AH!!!! a parking garage!!:rofl:

the air gap thing does work, it is just a band aid for a bigger issue. it could be used to get a two stroke dirt bike started on the trail that had loaded up and has a fouled plug.

but if a vehicle is tuned right and running good there is no benefit to using them.

For my 2 Cents:
Looks very similar to a set of plug wires from Nology. Interesting setup, and I have used them on both NA and Turbo automobile applications pre 1996 along with a 1988 Honda NX650. There was a measured difference depending on all the vehicles depending upon the application, coil used, spark plug, plug gap, and a few other variables. I did discover that if the vehicle uses coil packs with current limiting control (I know it sounds weird but it does exist) there was a hesitation problem.
If you are looking for a "hot" set up I would suggest Nology as they have been around for a few years (like 20 now) and might have a wire setup for your application. Just be warned that the plug wire needs to be grounded and that "loop" can cause some RF issues especially if you have a radio/head unit.
Hope this helps.
Regards, Stefan (aka Ratelbadger)

Back