• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I Wish My Knees Were Steel Plated

Reaction score
First Name
William
Last Name
Gibbs
Seems like every time I ride lately I run into some intensely muddy red clay roads. The ones with huge wash outs or have been mud bogged by every high school kid in the county. I don't fall easily but when I do I'm usually in giant rut and either the front or the rear decides to get traction and go a different direction. Anyway this has happened twice in the last 3 weeks and I have banged up my alternating knees both times. What do you guys ware when riding for twist and or impact protection?

I am not going to advise this method although in my years of field testing it has proven a valid theory.

If you increase your speed just before the crash you will get more takeoff velocity and the ensuing impact will be spread more evenly around your body thus lessening the abuse your knees are currently taking.

Although I will admit upon reflection better gear may prove to be a wiser choice:trust:

I am not going to advise this method although in my years of field testing it has proven a valid theory.

If you increase your speed just before the crash you will get more takeoff velocity and the ensuing impact will be spread more evenly around your body thus lessening the abuse your knees are currently taking.

Although I will admit upon reflection better gear may prove to be a wiser choice:trust:

:eek2:
:lol2::rofl::lol2:

Another possible alternative: Turn Around, Don't Fall Down.
As you get older and creakier, this option seems more and more attractive.

Haha this method pretty much guarantees a wipe out for me

WilliamLTX wrote: "I Wish My Knees Were Steel Plated"

So do I, if only to screw with the TSA :evil:

I just purchased my 5th KLR at 71 and I've been adding some farkles. Most of the farkles are for off-road, but I don't intend to use them, it's just that they look good on the bike. After 50 years of riding dirt and dual sport type bikes I think it's time to stick mainly to the pavement. I now do my off-road on my Polaris Ranger, I haven't fell over yet and my knees feel much better most of the time. I found it easier to compromise so I could keep riding rather then having to quit.

trainman

Back