• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

anyone running the anakee wild's on a 1200gs?

Burbo

Reaction score
Looked around on adv rider and found a bunch of conflicting opinions. Just got an 07 GS adventure and the rear anakee2 has about 1000 miles left on it. I found a set of new wilds for $280 to my door. Just looking for a Texan point of view on these tires.

:tab I was checking them out at the dealer in the Woodlands a few weeks ago while the GS was getting some work done on it. They look comparable to the TKC 80s, but the tread is directional so they have to go on a particular way. Don't know that it really matters, but it is the only obvious difference. For $280 a set, I would jump on it. That is pretty good for ANY tires you'd mount on the GS! I was thinking I might try them for my next set instead of the regular TKC's I've used forever.

Got a set on my 2015. Got about 500 miles on them so far. Only about 50 in the dirt so far. They ride really well on the pavement, wet or dry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Got a set on my 2015. Got about 500 miles on them so far. Only about 50 in the dirt so far. They ride really well on the pavement, wet or dry.

I'd be interested in what kind of mileage you get out of them. I tend to be kind of heavy on the throttle when riding the GS... because... well... it's just so darned fun! That said, I rarely get more than 2500-3000 miles out of a rear TKC and maybe 4500-5000 out of a front. I have a Karoo III on the rear right now and it looks like it might go just a little further than the TKC, but not by much.

I'd be interested in what kind of mileage you get out of them. I tend to be kind of heavy on the throttle when riding the GS... because... well... it's just so darned fun! That said, I rarely get more than 2500-3000 miles out of a rear TKC and maybe 4500-5000 out of a front. I have a Karoo III on the rear right now and it looks like it might go just a little further than the TKC, but not by much.
I got 10k miles from my TKC 70's, so I'm really interested in these Wilds. If they are close to the 70's in tread life I will probably stay with them. If not I think the 70's will go back on. The TKC's were a great tire even though the front wore really weird.

I'm leaving Saturday for a round trip of close to 5000 miles. I. Hope they make it.

Back