• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mancuso Southwest, Houston, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
May
Went there the other week and asked about an FZ 09 that Yamaha has coming out next month with the intent of putting a down payment on one.
I went into the store because when i called(twice) I was on hold for longer than 5 minutes. Generally, not an issue.
They seemed busy over the phone, so I decided to head on down and just see someone there and get the ball rolling that way.
As I went in there where a couple guys talking in the corner( sales guys) and I noticed one walking around the Yamaha area. I went to him.
After talking about what I wanted and my intention. He told me to "go home and fill out the finance form over the internet". I asked "why I could not do it there? I prefer human interaction as opposed to computer". He said "it was easier for them". I said "I am already here and you want me to go home and send you an email?" At that moment I left and decided not to go back.
What has happened? Why can't I walk in and buy a **** bike?
Why do I have to email?

I've had so so results with their location at 610 and main. The shop manager told me he was done talking to me when I was asking him to point out where on my warranty it said my pipes weren't covered... I'm okay with it not being covered....but wanted it to be shown to me because I didnt see it. If it weren't for my Harley warranty and their proximity I would have stopped using them already

I recently purchased a Triumph Speed Triple from Mancuso Power Sport on 45 North. Nothing but good points for them. Sales, service, parts all good.
Ya win some, ya lose some. Not all dealers get high marks.

Always got a fair shake when I walked into Galveston Honda. When I walk into Mancuso Power Sports, La Marque (formally Galveston Honda) I can feel the eyes staring a hole in my wallet pocket. When I mention I am after Goldwing or Suzuki items (they carry both) interest in the purpose of my visit quickly wanes.

Glad there is the always internet...

First let me say, is never ask sales personal about anything that they don't have on their floor to sell. I would say that 95% of them don't have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to a new product and the 5% who do know, know very little. You are probably more informed about the new products then they are, your interested and have read about them online or magazines. Second I have never been asked to fill out a credit application, probably because of my age. I would say with todays buyers credit is a problem for many and they just want to know if you can buy or not, you have to remember that 75% of potential buyers can not buy because of credit problems. Now I'm not saying that you fall into any of these groups and were treated correctly at this dealership, but some sales personal have it and some don't and can lead you in the proper direction, go to another dealership and see what happens there. If you are just a "Tire kicker" then most sales personal will dismiss you and if you felt put off, you were.

John

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger - I've had similar experiences at Mancuso and have vowed to never buy a bike there.

I've had good experience visiting Texas Yamaha in Pasadena, Webster or LaMarque. Admittedly, I never purchased a bike from any of them, but none of them ever told me to go home.

EDIT: Wrong dealership, my experience is with Stubbs on 59. It's been so long I guess I forgot.

Several years ago (2007 IIRC), I went to Stubbs on 59 look at an SV650s. It was like pulling teeth to get the sales guy to talk to me about the bike. I even let him know I was a for sure buyer, just looking for the best deal. He quoted me the price for the ABS model ($1k more expensive or something), and said that's the price. I told he that wasn't the price it was the ABS price, and he basically told me he'd been selling them at that price and i could take it or leave it.
I've never been back to that dealership, and never will.

Last edited:
I get amazed at the tude some dealers take. When I was in the market for my wing, we went to Stubs on the SWFW. Walked all around the wings they had on the floor and not one salesman came over. They were sitting on the desks BSing each other. Then we notice when people would walk in and go to the Harleys, they we on them like flies on a fresh cow patty. We finally just walked out.

Guess they figure the wings sell themselves and there is no 'Over' MSRP so why bother. :shrug:

I have bought 2 bikes from Macuso SW and one from Macuso North, and my experiences couldn't be any different from yours. I do agree some sales guys judge a buyer by his appearance. Descriminatory as it might be, they do it because 75% of the time, they are right.

Dealers also don't liketaking deposit on bikes, because the buyercan legally back out and ask for the depositr back at anytime before delivery. Unless, of course, it is for a brand that custom orders are common, like BMW.

I bought my 2015 Triumph STRX from Mancuso SW. Great service all around--dealt with one of the older sales managers. He took the time to let me sit on the bike, etc and even snapped some pix of me on the bike. Next day he had it set up and ready for a test ride. Smooth sale although it took a while for my insurance company to fax the required binder. After sale has been excellent from their service department when bike had a minor glitch. Even Triumph USA got interested in my experience. So, yes I would buy from Mancuso again.

However...several times I have tried to talk to them about the new Bonnievilles. No response, no interest: sales department is hit and miss.

I never had a good experience with them either, even after sales service sucked. Never even supplied the bags that were listed with it, just messed me around until I got sick of them and left....forever!

Only dealing I ever had was buying a primary chain from them for a shovelhead , installed it , my friend rode for a month maybe , less than a thousand miles . Opened it to readjust and it had stretched to out of tolarence . Bought on from JP And it was sill fine when he sold it and bought a jap cruiser . The shovelhead just couldn't run with the *** honda I was riding at the time .

I did drop by with the failed chain and ask what they would do about it , no warranty unless they install it , I guess I can't install a chain .

I just have to weigh in on this - I've been down to Mancuso SW to kick tires and have always been politely greeted, offered test rides, discussed pros vs cons of different models.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. My guess is that if you went back and spoke with Daniel Portanova he would sort it out.

Dave.

Mancuso SW is down to mainly selling ATVs. Go take a look.

Back