• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sena Freewire

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Okay peeps, I have a honda goldwing and my wife rides a VT750 honda. I always connected my helmet to the goldwing audio system using a cable and loved being able to hear the music and GPS and I added an expensive Autocom intercom kit with 2 way radios to each bike so that my wife and I could talk to each other when riding on different bikes. It worked okay for many years. We recently purchased a couple of Sena 10S intercoms and they work very well duplex communication and no wires attaching me to the bike. However I can no longer listen to my music and GPS directions whilst on the goldwing. I see that Sena sell a box of tricks called the Freewire which allows me to pair my intercom to the Freewire and the Freewire is connected to the Honda Audio system so I can listen to music and GPS plus use the CB if I want. However it is not clear to me if I can listed to my goldwing Audio system and speak with my wife at the same time, or if I can either listen to the Audio system OR talk to the wife, I want to use AND. I like to listen to my music and be able to hear my wife at any time she speaks. I have asked Sena about this but have not received a single reply. It already cost us $400 for 2 headsets and now another $250 for the Freewire, so going wireless is looking to be very expensive. Before I open the Firewire box and start trying to install it, I wanted to find out if it allows me to listen to the goldwing audio AND speak to my wife at the same time. If it doesn't I will return the unit and ask for a refund. So I am wondering if anyone on here has used the Freewire and can confirm does it allow the Sena headset to be paired with another headset in intercom mode and still allow the headset to connect to the Freewire at the same time so that I can also listen to music/GPS whilst talking/listening to my wife on the intercom? Thanks for all replies.

Gary

Last edited:
Back