• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member from Littlefield TX

Reaction score
Hello, I decided to join up with twtex after doing some searching online for good places to do some dual sport riding.
I started riding at about age 14 in the mid 90s when I got a used Honda NX 125 as a gift. Nice little DS bike that i completely wore out very quickly. Saved up from summer jobs and bought a used Kawasaki KX 250. That thing was awesome, but had an oil leak. I let it go too long and thrashed it. Then I found out how expensive it can be to have a motorcycle repaired. Since I didnt have tools or knowledge or money, my ridng days were over for awhile.
I wound up in college in Florida, got a degree in graphic design while working part time doing remodeling and construction work. Came home to Texas in 2007. The old pontiac boneville I had used for a work truck finally gave up on me. So, I was in the market for a vehicle. The prices of new 4x4 pickups fully loaded and the gasoline to keepem moving got me to looking at motorcycles. I read everything there was to read on the internet that was written in english and watched every youtube video in every language that I could find about DS motorcycles and finally decided on a Honda XR650L. My first brand new vehicle.
I modded it out with new jetting, unifilter, Acerbis 5.8 tank, Daves carb mods, new skid plate, desmog kit, D606 rear and the list goes on.......!
Ive had an absolute blast learning about the bike and riding around some including back and forth to work.
Recently Ive found the urge to use my bike for what I think its really made for. Which is to say Id like to have some fun and adventure on it, camping, exploring, sightseeing etc. So after a simple google search, here I am........!

Last edited:
Welcome to the group also. Geographically speaking, you are at a good starting point to visit several destinations to explore and camp. 4-6hrs to Las Vegas NM, Mayhill and Queen area in NM, the hill country, and to Big Bend. I like NM but it is a good drive across west Texas. There is some good information from experienced people on camping by motorcycle on the site.

Welcome to the group. I'm from Sudan TX just up the road

Howdy and welcome.

Back in 2012 I got a couple of hours of glider instruction from the Littlefield gliderport (Caprock Soaring Club) during a moto trip to visit a friend in Plainview.

Back