• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lady rider in Bastrop

Reaction score
Rode a Honda Rebel 250 for about a year and on my 50th birthday bought a Yamaha V star 650. Have put about 1500 miles on it. I definitely consider myself a newby and although people have offered, I won't ride in groups until I have doubled my experience. I figure it's safer for me and everyone else on the road.

I've ridden most of the paved Bastrop and Lee county roads. I'm hoping to ride the west side of Austin once the temperatures come down some. Three sisters especially.

I look forward to seeing yalls words of wisdom.

:welcome: welcome to the forum,
sounds like you are progressing well with the two wheel thing. Many of us have riden when young, taken a 20 year vacation and come back to two wheels after satisfying some family obligations. You are in good company. You might keep an eye out for the pie runs and the Ride To Eats. Many of these events are close by and a chance to meet other like minded folks.

Welcome to the forum, Great bunch of folks here. We just moved to Bastrop in April. Lovely little town. We are really liking it so far.

:welcome: to the site.

Yep, we need pics of that ride of yours! :clap:

:welcome: welcome to the forum,
sounds like you are progressing well with the two wheel thing. Many of us have riden when young, taken a 20 year vacation and come back to two wheels after satisfying some family obligations. You are in good company. You might keep an eye out for the pie runs and the Ride To Eats. Many of these events are close by and a chance to meet other like minded folks.

pie runs sound tasty. did a breakfast run last weekend over to a denny's diner in austin and two women walking in with mc gear on almost brought the place to a standstill.

Welcome to the forum, Great bunch of folks here. We just moved to Bastrop in April. Lovely little town. We are really liking it so far.

if you like quiet country roads try the road through shiloh off 304. i think it comes out on 21. also 304, to 535 into smithville.

pie runs sound tasty. did a breakfast run last weekend over to a denny's diner in austin and two women walking in with mc gear on almost brought the place to a standstill.

Funny...I get that a lot here too! Whether I'm alone or with other riders, they always look at me like I have two heads. Weird, huh? But hey: WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!! Hope to meet you soon!

:wave: LCF,

Congrats on the new bike. :clap: Hope you are enjoying it. :rider: Riding in groups can be a challenge when your new at it. It always helps to discuss the rules with the group and of course wait until your comfortable with it. Hope to meet you in the future.

Hi! :wave: I have a V-Star 650 also, the Silverado. :sun: You're absolutely right about the impact of a woman in MC gear. Last weekend, I stopped at HEB for milk :rofl: , gear in-hand, and I think everyone except the kids refused to make eye contact with me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ooooooo, scary... :eek2:

Riding in groupcan be a little intimidating. As I have been at this a long time, I found the best way to get comfortable with groups is to take tail gunner slot untill you feel ready to move up into the mess. Don't think just because someone is in the group that they are experienced. You'll always find out too late if they are or not. My "always" rule, ride in your comfort zone, always.
Doing the sisters, or 337, or 83 from Junction south is best done alone the first time to get a "lay of the land" so to speak. Keep the shiney side up.

P.S. I just think there's something sexy about a gal in riding gear....

:welcome:
Completely understand group riding issues.
I rode alone most of my life and the first group ride was like "heavy traffic".
I will grow on you though.........

Back