• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie From Austin

Reaction score
First Name
Grady
Last Name
Reynolds
Good Morning TWT:

I found out about this forum from a gentleman I was trying to buy a XR650L. Unfortunately we were unable to make a deal because my job does not allow me to have much free time. The good news is he was able to find a buyer through the forum so looks like the bike is staying in the family.

I recently purchased a ZXR-1100 from a guy on CL that apparently did not know what he had in his possession. He said the bike had been sitting in his garage for years never been touched and he just wanted to get rid of it. I took a look at it, after I washed it off. Sure enough, a pristine zrx-1100 with only one minor dent from a car door.

I work in the oil field and am on a rig about 29-30 days a month. I usually only get one or two days off. Which is why I am in the market for purchasing a Dual Sport. I am looking at a KLR 650 or XR650L. Really I'm looking for the best deal I can get. I travel all over Texas, and have even driven to Pennsylvania last month. I was something to relieve the stress of being gone alllllllllll the Dang time.:rider:

If any of you guys have a good deal on a bike I am definitely interested. It doesn't have to be in perfect cosmetic condition, but parts are hard to come by out here because I have no mailing address. Please feel free to email, @ grady.reynolds@yahoo.com.

You guys & gals seem like a great group of people, everyone seems to have the same problem I do. We never have enough bikes to satisfy our needs. Good Luck and Good Riding.

Grady

Welcome to TWT. There are always bike deals flying around here; just keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks Guys, I already feel like I belong.

Grady

I usually only get one or two days off.

Wow, a reminder for me not to whine about days off. With your limited availability to search, you may have to find a proxy to do this for you. This time of year in our region, a good deal goes away pretty quickly.

Welcome to TWT.

Howdy and welcome Grady. When you're not out working on the rig stop by Billy's on a Thursday for lunch.

Good Morning TWT:

I found out about this forum from a gentleman I was trying to buy a XR650L. Unfortunately we were unable to make a deal because my job does not allow me to have much free time. The good news is he was able to find a buyer through the forum so looks like the bike is staying in the family.
Hey Grady! Sorry I didn't see your intro thread sooner. The buyer of the XR650L still hasn't told anyone on TWT that he has it now. I think he's afraid we'll all tease him about the number of bikes he has... :lol2: At any rate - Welcome to the forum!

Back