• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

83 Honda XR350R Wyoming

Reaction score
41403768440_0fe2869c59_b.jpg

the current project
customers bike from wyoming.
gas leaks & oil leaks

I bought of these when they first came out in 83' - great bike that handled all of the dirt riding trails & places around here & did well on the trails in New Mexico & Colorado, wish I still had it.

ouch. Old bikes can be a pain. My 1981 SR185 is very annoying to me as it won't stay running and all it does is cost me money.

28476331987_aec006069f_b.jpg

closer inspection found oil dripping from the clutch cover near the starter shaft. that and oil over-filled contributed to the condition. no gasket, only had sealer on clutch cover. so it got a gasket and replaced the starter shaft and compression release shaft seals.
the oil drain plug had an old washer under a second one. the exhaust had to come off to pull the oil line. no drama with the oil leak job.

42706596514_437ba9b740_b.jpg

finished. jury's still out on the oil leak. i detect a drip, maybe clutch cover is warped

Looks good - how does it run?

Do you work on these old bikes for folks on a regular basis?
If yes, I've got a 1986 Yamaha TT225 that needs to be brought back to life, that I'd like to talk to you about.

Tom H in Midlothian, TX

Looks good - how does it run?

Do you work on these old bikes for folks on a regular basis?
If yes, I've got a 1986 Yamaha TT225 that needs to be brought back to life, that I'd like to talk to you about.

Tom H in Midlothian, TX

thanks, it runs strong.
yes, i fix them from time to time.
pm me if you'd like about it

I remember my 85 XL350. The dual carbs are a ****, but once set right, she ran perfect. Good power delivery and 6spd was a nice combo to DS on.

i had an 84-85 xr 250 a few years back, never should have traded it off. id much rather have an xr that a modern 450

Back