• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #204 - "Free For All Part Deaux" (ENTRY) - Due Midnight Oct 1, 2018

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Photo Assignment #204 - "Free For All Part Deaux" (ENTRY) - Due Midnight Oct 1, 2018

Post your entry for Photo Assignment #204 - "Free For All Part Deaux" here...

Closing Date: 10/01/18 Midnight

Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between between 00:01 September 4th and midnight/2400, Monday October 1, 2018

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning until then.

Re: Photo Assignment #204 - "Free For All Part Deaux" (ENTRY) - Due Midnight Oct 1, 2

0WYEJCE-fNKGI4ay6eiA3-VI3yfPmVMUNWU8IlkeK_wsKH_0mWS69qS_j6aEtfi0NH4hjvSXYjjqJwpLefA=w503-h894-no.jpg

Re: Photo Assignment #204 - "Free For All Part Deaux" (ENTRY) - Due Midnight Oct 1, 2

5861fe70cf1efd8f6f66fe8e37dc25d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

fullsizeoutput_16ba-X2.jpg

IM5_6257-XL.jpg

So, great images and a couple of surprises too!

Tracker: The sun rays, the colors, the calm and peace that is in your image speaks to me, more so today than a few months ago. It reminds/reinforces to stop and slow down a little. Its a n image that makes me feel like I do with a cup of coffee and no where to be.

Downs:
Big Iron; man, muscle and machine. I am not certain where this locomotive is located, but I feel I have seen it before. I like the use of black and white and the the portrait perspective I find a bit cramped but overall a very nice capture!

Deco: No fair, you are cheating on my bucket list of images. First I find the ID tag distracting, ok,... I am reaching. Is this captured in Brooks Falls or somewhere near Katmai NP? I like that the eye is visible and you can see just how thick the fur is on this brown bear. Please share how you were able to grab this.

twtex85: Another image that makes you pause to reflect on things. Is this a citronella candle on a back porch? Is it a token towards serenity in a quite spot? The water drops adds interest as it makes you question the validity of the flame.

Woodbutcher Arkansas? I don't know where this is, but it is calling me like a long lost treasure. The leading lines taking the eye to the rider entering the twisty goodness makes you mentally enjoy the ride as a viewer. This image is one that falls firmly into the bucket of "Story Telling". Please share the story of the where/who and how on this one.

Thank you all sharing, and the winner this go around is Deco!

Last edited:

Congrats Kyle....

I had multiple shots for this but left my laptop at home. Dang it.

Nice shooting all around though. I'm kind of digging the free for all's.

Thanks for he comments. Great shots all around.

I shot this on the Chilkoot River outside Haines. Haines is located very close th Skagway. My father and I were there for a week of photography. It was defiantly a bucket list trip. Brown Bears and Eagles everyday. The leaves were changing so we had some great landscape opportunities as icing on the cake.

This sow was fishing for her two cub. She was catching a fish about Avery 15 minutes. I got lucky and she turned into the light. I didn’t realize how small and deeply inset a bear’s eyes are. Very hard to catch the light just right. I did lighten them just a hair in LR.

The tag is a little annoying. I thought it was a piece of grass the first time I shot her. :rofl: I thought about trying to do something about it and the collar. I probably will when I go to print it.

If any of you ever get a chance to go, do not hesitate!

I have some more editing to do, then I’ll post a link to them.

I’ll have the new assignment up tomorrow.

Congrats Kyle. I was lucky and got a preview of all his Haines pictures.

Duke, that is the Talimena Parkway headed down into Mena, Arkansas. I saw it heading back up to the Queen Wilhelmina State Park and turned back around. No good space to park the bike on the side of the road so I had to hike up from a scenic overlook. Stood there for 30 minutes waiting for a bike going the right direction. Got one cruiser, one car and this bike. Regretted leaving my water bottle on the bike, but got a bunch of butterfly shots while waiting. Hey, you have to shoot what you can't help shooting, right?

Some amazing pics all around. Congrats Deco!
Mine was my side yard one morning, taken with my Samsung S5.

Congrats to Deco. That’s a great shot and I was wondering how big a lens did you shoot it with? Great detail in the pic and love the color in the pic. Great job

Congrats to Deco. That’s a great shot and I was wondering how big a lens did you shoot it with? Great detail in the pic and love the color in the pic. Great job

Using my EXIF viewer plug in, I can see that he was using his Canon 7D mark 2 with at 562mm. Knowing Kyle's lens collection, that tells me it was his Sigma 150-600mm lens. Add the fact that it was a 1.6x crop factor on that sensor that makes it about 900mm effective reach.

Some amazing pics all around. Congrats Deco!
Mine was my side yard one morning, taken with my Samsung S5.

Secret Agent Rusty got it right. Although he EXIF file didn't show I had it on a monopod. The Sigma is a very fun lens to shoot.

Thank ya'll for all the nice comments. In that location it was like shooting fish in a barrel, no pun intended.:trust:

So, great images and a couple of surprises too!

Tracker: The sun rays, the colors, the calm and peace that is in your image speaks to me, more so today than a few months ago. It reminds/reinforces to stop and slow down a little. Its a n image that makes me feel like I do with a cup of coffee and no where to be.

Downs:
Big Iron; man, muscle and machine. I am not certain where this locomotive is located, but I feel I have seen it before. I like the use of black and white and the the portrait perspective I find a bit cramped but overall a very nice capture!

Deco: No fair, you are cheating on my bucket list of images. First I find the ID tag distracting, ok,... I am reaching. Is this captured in Brooks Falls or somewhere near Katmai NP? I like that the eye is visible and you can see just how thick the fur is on this brown bear. Please share how you were able to grab this.

twtex85: Another image that makes you pause to reflect on things. Is this a citronella candle on a back porch? Is it a token towards serenity in a quite spot? The water drops adds interest as it makes you question the validity of the flame.

Woodbutcher Arkansas? I don't know where this is, but it is calling me like a long lost treasure. The leading lines taking the eye to the rider entering the twisty goodness makes you mentally enjoy the ride as a viewer. This image is one that falls firmly into the bucket of "Story Telling". Please share the story of the where/who and how on this one.

Thank you all sharing, and the winner this go around is Deco!
Queen Whilehma State Park in Ar.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Even though I forgot about the contest this time, I recognized that road right away due to multiple times on it. Great pics. That bear pic was something else!

Thank you. It was a great trip.

Back