• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

All in one Jacket/tent/Bag The JAKPAK

Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Wolf
Was searching the web for the best way to make coffee on the road and came across this. Not sure why I wasted my money on luggage for the bike when I could have picked me up one of these. :rofl:
http://jakpak.com/home.aspx

Hrm....seems kind of silly. Although, if you happen to day hike in areas where there's little cover from rapidly changing weather this could be pretty nifty. If you try to use it as an all in one type deal for all your needs I think it might fall short.

I can imagine trying to get zipped up in that thing, stumbling , and rolling down the side of a hill. The only plus would be, well ,you would still have your tent, sleeping bag and jacket with ya.

... as you roll off the cliff :eek2: :lol2:

and when that happens the EMT's will be happy that you supplied your own body bag for the evac out. haha

I think the best use for this would be to wait out a storm when you're out somewhere without any available cover. But not a proper riding jacket so you would still need to swap jackets and then how does your riding jacket stay dry? Guess I'll stick with packing a light compact $5 poncho for that possibility.

_

and when that happens the EMT's will be happy that you supplied your own body bag for the evac out. haha

I think the best use for this would be to wait out a storm when you're out somewhere without any available cover. But not a proper riding jacket so you would still need to swap jackets and then how does your riding jacket stay dry? Guess I'll stick with packing a light compact $5 poncho for that possibility.

_

Besides, riding sidesaddle is just showing off. :rider::lol2: (legs in single tube)

Hmm, interesting idea. What happens if you roll around a lot in your sleep? The "tent" portion doesn't look like it's designed to stay in place. I can imagine trying to roll over with that pop up thing impeding my efforts. I would almost see this as more of an emergency back up type of thing to keep around more than as a practical solution to not having a tent or sleeping bag. Interesting nonetheless.........

I don't think that is a maple leaf on their site. It explains a lot about their product though. ;-)

Back