• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM has the orange kool aid.....

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
so when you buy a KTM you are said to have "drank the orange kool aid"

well I have pretty much almost talked myself into buying a BMW, is there a saying for buying a BMW?

"ate the snitzengruben"

"drank the Jagermeister" (I do have a bottle in the fridge!)

and before you start I checked. no it does not come with a starbucks gift card!
besides I don't drink coffee, and their tea taste like it was brewed in a old jock strap full of mouldy coffee grounds.

And how do you know what "and their tea taste like it was brewed in a old jock strap full of mouldy coffee grounds." tastes like? :rofl:

Congrats on the new ride.. Even if it is a BMW!! :zen:

Gary

I think you are supposed to say "you ate the sauerkraut" but not 100% on that. Which one are you leaning towards?

I think you are supposed to say "you ate the sauerkraut" but not 100% on that. Which one are you leaning towards?

I like that, ya danged kraut-eater! BMW's aren't just rad, they're Motorrad. :D

Enjoy brother. I've been looking at F800gs pretty hard but will probably hold out for a KTM 790adv instead. I'll say this- nobody I know who's owned a BMW motorcycle doesn't like them.

For the BMW you are looking at I would think "eaten some CURRY" might be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Moto Guzzi

Sacrifice a rooster to the alter of Mercury, and read the Augers...

Attachments

• Sophia_Ago_B.jpg
    Sophia_Ago_B.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 173
Let the force guide you, Luke ...

2016_KTM_07_2000-XL.jpg

But you don't look happy. Isn't a new bike supposed to help you look happy? :lol2:

How about 'ate the Beuschel'?

Last edited:
But you don't look happy. Isn't a new bike supposed to help you look happy? :lol2:

More of a "Who took my vanilla latte?" look, doncha think?

:eek2:

Leon, I'm going to be in Edom the twenty eighth, how about riding your new bike out there and meeting with some TWTer's. Maybe show it off, do some wheelie's,...

Leon, I'm going to be in Edom the twenty eighth, how about riding your new bike out there and meeting with some TWTer's. Maybe show it off, do some wheelie's,...

as I only have to put 186 miles on it before I can take it above 6K rpm (AKA: the fun starts here RPM) it will be in Edom.

Nice. Rally Raid makes a full kit for that similar to the CB500X. Hope she's mechanically sound. My F800ST was electrically unreliable. My R1150R was very reliable with exception of a non functional left grip heater.

Back