• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

desperate help needed

Reaction score
1250 saz

After 4 days i just want to burn the bike...so heres the story

rebuilt master caliper, refitted and reverse bleed the system all good...

took one caliper off to rebuild, had the pipe on a bunge held high but all the fluid from the master cylinder leaked out >:D

rebuild other caliper then tried to bleed lots of air out.....

used a mitevac and after 7 litres of oils still had lots of air and no pressure on the lever....

spoke to a mechanic who said he had had problems with all balls stuff before, so went to suzuki and rebuilt the master cylinder again...

2 litres of oil and still lots of air...

with nothing to lose pulled the calipers back apart and found the new pistons almost impossible to remove

got them out with a piston puller, checked the seals and re greased the **** out of them.

All back on the bike and the pistons do now move out to the disc but just can seem to get rid of the air

12 litres of brake fluid later is it just being stubborn or is there something ive missed?

also brought a air compressor and vacuum but no luck

Please please help

Last edited:
My initial thought,crush washers at the calipers. They are copper so you can heat them up with a gas stove or torch and throw them into water to anneal them. seems like your getting air into the system and the most likely place is at the connection points. ANother strategy would be to clean the exterior add fluid and leave the bleeders open on the calipers,attach a clear line to the bleeder valve with the end n a bottle of fluid to prevent air from entering, let it sit, air floats up , fluid goes down, takes a day to do.

Maybe try using the conventional lever squeeze with a clear tube on the caliper bleeder screw method.
When installing SS brake line on a previous cycle the vacuum method would not work. Reverted to old school bleeding and it got all the air out of the system.

Maybe try using the conventional lever squeeze with a clear tube on the caliper bleeder screw method.
When installing SS brake line on a previous cycle the vacuum method would not work. Reverted to old school bleeding and it got all the air out of the system.

Good call, sometimes the Myte-Vac is too much. Old school has always worked, for me. Tapping the lines with a screwdriver handle to dislodge the air bubbles works too.

Last edited:
Does your brake line loop over the fender by chance??

That setup has given me fits in the past. I resorted to pulling the calipers off, zip tying spare rotors in place and lifting them up before bleeding.

I've had issues with the mity vac bleeder on occasion. I found the old squeeze-open-close worked well. I often still do that with the mity vac still attached. Seems to be the most effective way....:doh:

Back