• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twisted Sisters Ride 6/6

Guys,

The majority of us will be leaving out of Houston Friday at 2pm heading towards Kerrville. Friday night 8PM meet will be at 8 Ball Pizzeria and Billiards in Kerrville to discuss ride details & **** talking. If you have not booked your hotel, please do so because they are getting full.

We have about 10-12 coming from MH and a few local Kerrville folks riding with us. There will be 2 groups riding ( intermediate pace & noob pace) that will each have a leader and a sweeper. There will be different points that the first group will wait up for the second group. I want everyone to have a good ride at the pace they feel comfortable with. If you are a newer rider or just want to ride at a slow pace, I prefer you to be in the noob group because I DO NOT want anyone going down. We will talk more about this the night before the ride as well.

Please let me know you have any questions.

Thanks,

I can't believe that last time I was in Kerrville 8 Ball was back. Talk about a trip down memory lane. Years and years ago it was where me and all my friends hung out on the weekends when we were high schoolers to play billiards and see all the peeps. Always amazing how many people could fit in that place. I think it closed right around my senior year and became CW steakhouse for quite some number of years. It was strange but nice to stand in that place again and see billiard tables.

Hey there
I'm new in the forum, and this sounds like a blast.

Would y'all mind if a new guy came along?
If y'all did though, I get it! No worries!!!

(I'd be coming in from Dallas on a Honda nc700x and intending to camp)

New guys are always welcome. It's the whole idea!!!!! Spreading the TWT love across Texas.

I'm heading down from the Dallas area as well, planning on Friday after work sometime around 5 PM and if that is the case then I will probably plan on leaving from South Fort Worth but I have no issues rerouting some if you were wanting to meet up. I got a little work to do on the Vee this week but hopefully I can get it flipped around in time, if not then I might take the Hawk. Let me know when you are planning on leaving and maybe we might ride down together.

New guys are always welcome. It's the whole idea!!!!! Spreading the TWT love across Texas. I'm heading down from the Dallas area as well, planning on Friday after work sometime around 5 PM and if that is the case then I will probably plan on leaving from South Fort Worth but I have no issues rerouting some if you were wanting to meet up. I got a little work to do on the Vee this week but hopefully I can get it flipped around in time, if not then I might take the Hawk. Let me know when you are planning on leaving and maybe we might ride down together.

I'd love to ride down with you! Just give me a place and time to meet you, and I'm good!

Much thanks guys

Last edited:
I would say put me on the list but I see that im already on there. I will be trailering and splitting hotel with racerx0529.

I'm new to twt but we have been puting this ride on for the last 10 years off and on. It's gonna be a great time. I would also like to add that this is not your typical squid sportbike group. This will be a well organized Gear wearing group.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys out there.

Happy Ridings,

1. Onemilewheely- both
2. Bucknut-MH(tentative)
3. Racerx0529- both
4. ProvorseD-MH
5. Repth- MH
6. Doosty- MH
7. Quick Mick- MH
8. LRD- MH
9. Rpcraft (TWT)
10. melgamma- MH
11. Toe- MH
12 Nastynesto85- MH
13. ronstomper-TWT (tentative)
14. Rattle Badger-TWT
15. Mr Roboto-TWT
16. Texxter-TWT (tentative)
17. Haw0036-TWT
18. Tyler

So this is what we have so far.

Ok, I am confirming I am in for the ride. I will be riding from DFW (Plano) and can join the group riding from Dallas, but I'd like to be in Kerrville by the 8pm meetup, so I'll probably be leaving at 2pm or so from Plano. Made a reservation at the Days Inn. Will ride back on Sat after the ride, and I am happy to ride with the DFW group.

Looking forward to it!

I was contemplating trying to leave work early or not, like yourself I'd like to get down before dark hits, particularly before the critters start coming out of the woods. It's really bad between Fredricksburg and Kerrville (and any area around Kerrville/Fredricksburg in the evening). I wasn't planning on slabbing it there. Was thinking about heading down 174 til it meets up with 22, then 281 until it meets up with 84. Then follow it into Goldthwaite and finish up all the way down 16 from there. Any thoughts?

Ok, I am confirming I am in for the ride. I will be riding from DFW (Plano) and can join the group riding from Dallas, but I'd like to be in Kerrville by the 8pm meetup, so I'll probably be leaving at 2pm or so from Plano. Made a reservation at the Days Inn. Will ride back on Sat after the ride, and I am happy to ride with the DFW group.

Looking forward to it!

Sounds great! Going to be a good ride and great times!

1. Onemilewheely- both
2. Bucknut-MH(tentative)
3. Racerx0529- both
4. ProvorseD-MH
5. Repth- MH
6. Doosty- MH
7. Quick Mick- MH
8. LRD- MH
9. Rpcraft (TWT)
10. melgamma- MH
11. Toe- MH
12 Nastynesto85- MH
13. ronstomper-TWT (tentative)
14. Rattle Badger-TWT
15. Mr Roboto-TWT
16. Texxter-TWT
17. Haw0036-TWT
18. Tyler
19. Subcomm- TWT

Updated list, look forward to meeting everyone!

Good idea to avoid highways. I am good with that route, and, as you said, not a good idea to ride on 16 after dark. 2pm is probably the latest time to leave if we're going to take this route, and a little earlier, like 1pm, may be better.

I was contemplating trying to leave work early or not, like yourself I'd like to get down before dark hits, particularly before the critters start coming out of the woods. It's really bad between Fredricksburg and Kerrville (and any area around Kerrville/Fredricksburg in the evening). I wasn't planning on slabbing it there. Was thinking about heading down 174 til it meets up with 22, then 281 until it meets up with 84. Then follow it into Goldthwaite and finish up all the way down 16 from there. Any thoughts?

Dfw folk:
I'm good to leave anytime in the day!

And thanks for that input Mr-Roboto--excellent point.

Hi, I'll join in as a new guy also, and will join the group from Kerrville. I know it's a little late, but I'll also offer my services as well, I have the KOA in Kerrville, and any who would like to camp can have a TWT group rate of $5 per head, provided you don't mind sharing a site. We are on the west side of Kerrville, between hwy 27 and I-10, about 3 mins from the 8 ball. You can look it up at koa.com. Leave a note here and I'll pencil you in, or if you call for a reservation, say you're with the TWT group and Rich said not to take a deposit. I still have at this time one cabin available. It has a double bed and set of bunk beds. I'll let it go at the same rate, as long as at least 2 are sharing it. We have a large rec room also, with kitchen facilities if needed, and also makes a good sanctuary should a night time storm come along, and a good gathering room should y'all want to mingle on Sat night, even if not staying here. If wanting the cabin, you will still need your own bedrolls, I can provide some pillows. With all the rain, the ride will be the prettiest it's been for many years. And a note for Texxter, even leaving at 8am, making the ride and stopping for lunch, I think the group will do good to be back in Kerrville by 4pm, adding the ride back to DFW will make for a very long day. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Rich that's fantastic. Many moons ago my parents had an RV thing for a while and spent many a day out at the KOA. Haven't been by the place for years.

Rich, that is excellent! Thank you very much for extending that offer.
I'm planning on tenting, so unless I missed some post about another established group site or something, count me in!

I'm In!!

Im in!

I'll be riding in from Fort Worth and should arrive Kerrville by dinner time on Friday the 5th.

Really looking forward to it!

Ok, I've got y'all penciled in. I have a couple sites in a quiet corner set aside, and near the restrooms.

And a note for Texxter, even leaving at 8am, making the ride and stopping for lunch, I think the group will do good to be back in Kerrville by 4pm, adding the ride back to DFW will make for a very long day. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Rich, thanks for the note (and for your generosity with camping arrangements!) -- regardless of how comfortable my bike is, riding back home on Sat may be a bit too much, so I may have to see how I feel. I have done Dallas to Pagosa Springs, CO in one loooong day on the Tiger, but still, I am not getting any younger!

All,

I hope this post finds everyone safe and DRY. For those outside of Houston- we got hit hard downtown, the southwest, and the east side last night and this morning with LOTS of rain.

so here is my question: Does anyone know what the current conditions are at Kerrville and any idea how bad they were hit with rain these past few weeks?

I am not one to call off a ride due to rain, but since I only own a KLR and not a BMW ( aka German U boat) I just wanted to ask.

Comments or ideas on what flotation device to bring along?

Sincerely

Ratelbadger
("Hey does this orange flotation vest clash with my hi vis yellow helmet?")

My self and onemilewheely are going to slow cruise the route Friday morning to check for high water at low crossings, debris, and stuff.

Worst case we will break out the tubes n beer..;-P

Rich, thanks for the note (and for your generosity with camping arrangements!) -- regardless of how comfortable my bike is, riding back home on Sat may be a bit too much, so I may have to see how I feel. I have done Dallas to Pagosa Springs, CO in one loooong day on the Tiger, but still, I am not getting any younger!

Our original plan was to load up and head for Austin Saturday night for a fun night out but we might stay another night in Kerrville for shenanigans depending what everyone is doing.

Back