• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: East side breakfast ride

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
When: Saturday 6/23/2018 7:30am
Where: Forney TX to Little Mexico in Kaufman TX
What: Breakfast burritos :eat:

BRING CASH!!! They do not take cards.

Short easy ride, without breaking too many speed limits and with a few turns thrown in (it's east side, what are you expecting?) Basically an excuse to get out and ride a bit and eat breakfast so you can get back home to the A/C before the heat hits.

I've been riding down to this place a few times on my own mostly. Figured I'd see if I could get some company. This is pretty much a zero slab route, all pavement, so come on out.

Meet in the parking lot of The Hole Thing at the intersection of 741 and 548 in Forney TX. You have to enter via 548 and we'll meet at the far end of the parking lot. This is on the opposite corner of the 7-Eleven.
https://goo.gl/maps/XnDq1dHrJr92

Kickstands up at 7:30. I know it's last minute, but we'll do this again. If no one shows, well, I'll just go by myself again. :rider:

I'll probably be on the FJR this time, but here's a pic.

2018-06-09%2008.54.00-M.jpg

I would have joined you but I was on my way to Hot Springs Arkansas with 7 motorcycles that morning. I live in Forney

I like that wing place in Kaufman (Wings Over Kaufman). Never been to that Burrito place.

Last edited:
I like that wing place in Kaufman (Wings Over Kaufman). Never been to that Burrito place.

Haven't been to the one in Kaufman but we used to go to the one in Seagoville when we lived there. Then they remodeled it and turned the family friendly restaurant into a saloon, haven't been back since.

I was busy this past Sat., but if you do this again this coming Sat., I will see if I can make it. You say kick stand up at 7:30, but is that at the taco place? Meet there at 7:30 AM?

What did you mean by "zero slab route, all pavement" ? To me, slab means paved road of some sort.

I will probably do it again this weekend. Picking son up from camp that day but should be able to sneak in a ride that morning.

KSU means at the meet up point in Forney. 7:30 is early for lots of folks, me included, but the sun is up and it's not as hot yet, so it's a good time to get in a short ride this time of year.

Slab is boring interstate droning, not side surface roads. I CAN route it with a little bit of dirt, but then it requires a short bit of US175. Last week I took the FJR so I stayed far away from the dirt.

This Saturday is cars and coffee in Plano. It starts at around 6:30am. Lots of really nice cars go and about 30-40 motorcycles. If I dont go to Cars and Coffee Ill go with you.

Last edited:
I don't have plans yet so I may be there. I'm coming from I20 and 35E so not too bad, but maybe 30-45 minutes for me according to google if I take 20 or Malloy Bridge from I45. Pretty early though. stupid bushes don't cut themselves. Maybe I'll avoid the wife the rest of the week and sneak out.

:lol2:

Last edited:
Let me know if anyone is coming. If you want to go, I'll figure out which pavement burner I'll be taking.

If no one is coming, I'll stay home and mow the yard. No pressure guys, but I hate mowing the yard. :D

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it. I have to stay up all day today after working last night.

Its not mowing the yard, its running the yard bike around the old trails.

I was busy this past Sat., but if you do this again this coming Sat., I will see if I can make it. You say kick stand up at 7:30, but is that at the taco place? Meet there at 7:30 AM?

What did you mean by "zero slab route, all pavement" ? To me, slab means paved road of some sort.

Me too, I see now

I don't see any actual commitments. I actually mowed on Thursday but I'm going to sleep in some and then go pick the kiddo up from his first summer camp. We'll do it again for sure.

This Saturday is cars and coffee in Plano. It starts at around 6:30am. Lots of really nice cars go and about 30-40 motorcycles. If I dont go to Cars and Coffee Ill go with you.

Do the bikes congregate in one specific area?

If I enter from the Tollway service road... where to from there?

Back