• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bonjour from Paris!

KyleD

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
D
Howdy from Paris, TX. Been riding for close to two years now on a 2006 GS500F, which is my first street bike and was my only form of transportation for a year. I made the "mistake" of buying new for my first bike and selling my car to pay for it, but, in all honesty I'd do it all again in a heartbeat to be on two wheels.

This year I bought a Ranger to take care of the days where the weather gets the best of me. 15k+ miles and no crashes so far, just two 0 mph drops(1. - The first day I bought it, too much front brake and the front wheel turned sideways...my father laughed at me while he watched my knee get crumpled underneath the bike. 2. - At my old job, got spooked by a co-worked backing out her space and I bailed on the bike thinking she was going to run me over.)

I know a few of y'all get up this way regularly. If you're in the neighborhood, hit me up for a ride!

If not, may sticky rubber, twisty roads(trails), and no flashing reds and blues bless your day. :rider:

86438[/ATTACH]"]
bike1.jpg

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 80
:welcome: KyleD

I need to get up that way and take a picture of the oil derrick with the hat. :-)

Also, there are East Texas Meet&Greets on the second Thursday of each month. April's is 4/10 and it is in Athens (I think). Anyway, watch for those, they are preparing a new schedule, so you might suggest a good eatery up your way - see here.

:welcome: KyleD
I need to get up that way and take a picture of the oil derrick with the hat. :-)

That is actually a smaller scale replica of the Eifel Tower. :mrgreen: Gotta have that redneck influence in Texas.

Pics from Eifel Tower tomorrow! I'd take some tonight but I've had a few cold ones already. :clap:

:welcome:

That bike looks familiar! My husband has the same one, same year and color too. :mrgreen:

Hope to see you at some pie runs!

Welcome!

You can sometimes find me and TwistedPinion up thata ways heading to our land outside of Deport (Halesboro). If you see a Black Kawa z750s and a blue FZ1 in formation, its us.

Take it easy
Corey

Bonjour monsieur, comment allez-vous ? Soyez bienvenus à Deux Texans À roues.:-P

I took a year of French in highschool...and...well...I've slept way too much since then and can't remember much(if anything) about it. However, the wonders of the internet let me translate at will(and many times incorrectly).

Dites merci! J'apprécie le site Internet et les gens!

I took a year of French in highschool...and...well...I've slept way too much since then and can't remember much(if anything) about it. However, the wonders of the internet let me translate at will(and many times incorrectly).

Dites merci! J'apprécie le site Internet et les gens!

Looks good to me. Must have used the same French translator I did. :trust:

Howdy from Paris, TX. Been riding for close to two years now on a 2006 GS500F, which is my first street bike and was my only form of transportation for a year. I made the "mistake" of buying new for my first bike and selling my car to pay for it, but, in all honesty I'd do it all again in a heartbeat to be on two wheels.

This year I bought a Ranger to take care of the days where the weather gets the best of me. 15k+ miles and no crashes so far, just two 0 mph drops(1. - The first day I bought it, too much front brake and the front wheel turned sideways...my father laughed at me while he watched my knee get crumpled underneath the bike. 2. - At my old job, got spooked by a co-worked backing out her space and I bailed on the bike thinking she was going to run me over.)

I know a few of y'all get up this way regularly. If you're in the neighborhood, hit me up for a ride!

If not, may sticky rubber, twisty roads(trails), and no flashing reds and blues bless your day. :rider:

86627[/ATTACH]"]
bike1.jpg

:welcome:
I've been thru your town...very quaint!!

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 84
Nice Bike!

So...You gotta ride on the left side of the road or what?

Yuk yuk yuk...

Back