• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Liberty Hill

On second thought, I'm going to pull the Magnums out. They were very comfortable, even when I was in them every day. A little polish and they will be good to go.

Thanks for the idea...

The Glide comes standard with a "Passing Lamps" I call them spot lamps. I installed Silver Star Bulbs in the headlamps and the spots. The old Coots I ride with say the lamps are TOO BRIGHT, I think That's a GOOD THING.

National Cycle makes Light bars with the spots and large turn signals.

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/nresults2.html?search_model=ka-045

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/...n_id=esWWmkrP&mv_arg=N936&search_model=ka-045

Installation is simple. I think the 3 lamps in the front add visibility and depth perception for on coming drivers and for the rider at night.

The Silver Star Lamps really light up the road at night. I think the Glide with the Silver Star lamps lights up the road better than the headlights on the 07 Cherokee.

RE: the ride up... That is WAY TOO COOL. Just think about the impact we'll have when we park our bikes out front and after the 1st ride. I also like Tim's idea of a refreshment stop where we hand out water and hot dogs/burgers. Might even do a free bike wash, donations only for the Youth Mission Trip. There are hundreds of bikes that ride past our place on a Saturday because it's a great ride and the road leads to 1431.

Your going to find that station boots are okay, but not a substitute for a good set of riding boots. They tend to be too flexible at the ankles, don't have nearly as much weather protection as a boot without laces, and are a little thin on the top where you shift. Plus the shifter will scuff the top of your left boot. I wear mine when riding to work, but that's the only time I do so.

I hadn't thought about that. I guess for warm weather they will still work in a pinch. Also, I have a heel shifter so that helps with the scuffing.

I am still looking. What I did figure out is looking for gear on the internet doesn't help if you haven't seen it live and in person.

What I did figure out is looking for gear on the internet doesn't help if you haven't seen it live and in person.

Sounds like a road trip to Moto Liberty in San Antonio. :zen:

Nice bike by the way. That National Cycle website.....credit card melter. :eek2:

Colonel....were did you get your replacement bulbs for the Road King?

They are Sylvania Silver Star's.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Silverstar/ProductLine/

Available at most Auto Parts Stores. The Headlamp is an H4. The Spots, I can't remember, but just pull one and take it to the store and they will match it. It one of the 900X series. I think it's the 9006. Mine are the Silver Stars. they now make a Silver Star Ultra, which will give even more light. But they are a lot more $$$$. These bulbs are not cheap, but I feel much safer being seen. Some of my fellow riders have headlamps SOOOOO WEAK that during daylight hours, you cannot see them.

display.scfx

They are Sylvania Silver Star's.
But they are a lot more $$$$. These bulbs are not cheap

Like $20 each? At least thats the pricing I see via browsing, but I could have the wrong lamp.

Sylvania 9006SU BP TWIN Silverstar Ultra, Twin Pack $36

I hadn't thought about that. I guess for warm weather they will still work in a pinch. Also, I have a heel shifter so that helps with the scuffing.

I am still looking. What I did figure out is looking for gear on the internet doesn't help if you haven't seen it live and in person.

Probably easiest to take a trip to North Austin. Lonestar BMW on North Lamar Blvd has a fairly good selection of gear. Woods Fun Center is on the frontage road of IH-35 just north of Braker and Cycle Gear is located at Burnet and 183. I'd rate them Lonestar has the best service and selection of the bunch, followed by Cycle Gear for selection. Woods has the largest selection of helmets.

I haven't been to MotoLiberty yet, but have been hearing good stuff about it. Good excuse to head into the Hill Country and down to San Antonio.

Road trip sounds good...the Honda place in G-town has a pretty good selection of stuff. Their prices seemed to be inline with internet prices.

I appreciate all the great info...

Back