• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding somewhere around Austin 1/21.

Reaction score
EDIT!: Definitely going to be at Rusty's around 9 on Sat morning. $20 to ride and the gate is on FM20, just north of the creek that runs south of Pleasant Chapel Rd. You should see us parked in the pecan grove next to the creek.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...Cw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAkQ_BI

If you are looking to do some more trail riding this weekend. There are a few possibilities floating around. Initially we were going to try to make it up to Crooked Creek Cycle Park. It would have been the first time for me but there is also talk of going to Rusty's since it is so much closer. Then there is the trail work day going on at Emma Long City Park, 9:30 to about 1 or 2. It would be a great opportunity to learn the loop and it sounds like they are going to do some guided rides after the work is done so you don't have to worry about being airlifted out.:lol2: I'll post up as soon as I find out more about the Rusty's ride. If that falls through, I'll probably head over to City Park. It's free, if you already have your state sticker and a spark arrested silencer.

Victor

In case some of you don't know how the trail marking system works, the flagging tape, or ribbon, should always be on your right unless otherwise agreed to by everyone riding. The arrows can be on either side. They help keep you on course, like the ribbons, and also designate which splits are hard and which are easy by way of Sharpie. If the course was marked for a TORCS race, like Powell's was, there won't be option lines but the family ride trails have them. It starts getting complicated when the markings from multiple layouts are still up but you can tell how old the markers are if you look close enough. Bike tracks help too if the loop has already been broken in for the day.

See y'all soon,
Victor

You should come up and try crooked creek with us on Sunday, it is only 10 bucks to ride and trails are fun!

You should come up and try crooked creek with us on Sunday, it is only 10 bucks to ride and trails are fun!
I definitely can't afford to drive that far after the hundred mile round trip to Rusty's tomorrow. We have about 6 riders so far. Y'all have fun on Sunday.

Good times. We had about 10 riders show up and Rusty was happy to have us. It was a little chilly but that just made us want to keep riding instead of sitting in the pits letting our sweaty helmets get cold. We did around thirty miles according to my friends odometer, but I probably cut a few corners.;-)

Back