• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kenda k761

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Shannon
f0b40f157b708b8a7f3439e3212f096d.jpg

FWIW, I rode the TARA this weekend with the fellas this from Medina to Lampasas . I took my klr650 with 75% kenda 761’s. I had great traction in the downpours we were blessed with on hwy 16, dirt, gravel, and concrete water crossings. Unfortunately on the rain soaked crushed granite paved roads in and around Luckenbach I was riding on half melted ice that had been covered with oil! No traction at all. I even thought I had a flat it was so loose. Had to slow way down and not even think of touching the rear brake. Throttle had to be smooth too or I was going down. Just FYI if anyone else has these tires. Great and grippy anywhere but there.

Ps. Jwaller was behind me on factory klr tires wishing he had his GoPro on to video the impending crash.

How many miles have you put on it? Center looks alittle slick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not even down to the wear marks. The kenda compound just isn’t happy on wet granite

Not even down to the wear marks. The kenda compound just isn’t happy on wet granite
Last set I put on the xrl was some shinko's that did decent in the rain. Will get what model tire next time I see the bike.

Yes, those certain roads were interesting the way they acted when wet. I had been on them previously in the hot and dry but behaved completely different this weekend. We should have taken a close up pic of the surface when we stopped that time.

My mitas eo7 have almost a flat face then round over. Seems to afford a pretty stable ride on my heavy. . I did feel a couple quick loose e goosey a couple of times but backed out of it quickly.to avert disaster. One things for sure , the v strom is a very well mannered predictable bike.

Last edited:
Last set I put on the xrl was some shinko's that did decent in the rain. Will get what model tire next time I see the bike.

Let's hope he didn't leave any other wear marks down yonder.

I saw one of the KLR's slip around the switchbacks going up Hwy 16. I forget who it was though.

I've been happy with my Shinko 804/805 tires on all my bikes. Seems to be better across the board from stock tires.

I saw one of the KLR's slip around the switchbacks going up Hwy 16. I forget who it was though.

I've been happy with my Shinko 804/805 tires on all my bikes. Seems to be better across the board from stock tires.
And cheaper if I remember correctly. That's why I bought em

I bought 244s last 70/30s

Back